swine flu !!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HYates

swine flu !!!!

Post by HYates »

does anyone know what would happen if my (a) child got swine flu say the week before the exam in October this year ? or if the school had to close due to a mjor breakout of flu and unable to administer the test.

any thoughts appreciated before I panic !!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think they have contingency plans for such an occurrence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8033668.stm
zee

Re: swine flu !!!!

Post by zee »

HYates wrote:does anyone know what would happen if my (a) child got swine flu say the week before the exam in October this year ? or if the school had to close due to a mjor breakout of flu and unable to administer the test.
Don't panic!

If your child is ill, it makes to difference for testing whether they have swine flu, seasonal flu, tonsilitis or anything else. You follow the normal procedure for illness, as outlined in the parents' handbook (doctor's note and sit the test a week or two later).

Schools and other institutions are no longer closing because there's just as much risk catching it out of school as in. If however a school had to close, perhaps because not enough staff could turn up, again, the fact it was swine flu wouldn't be relevant. Lots of children would be affected and Bucks would make alternative arrangements for hosting the test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now