Reality hits!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nif229

Reality hits!

Post by nif229 »

Hi all!

Poor old DS was really nervous as he headed off for Practice Paper A this morning! I felt really sorry for him. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to answer any of the questions or that his hands would shake too much! I reassured him, laced his drink at breakfast with confidence essence and pushed him out of the door!! I just want him to be happy, bless him.

Hope all your DCs are well!

Nif229 :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi nif

Hopefully he will get most of the nerves out of his system on the Practice Papers, and feel much more relaxed by the time he gets to the real thing.

Make sure that you debrief him (gently) and that he learns from the experience.

Good luck! :D

Sally-Anne
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Hi Sally-Anne

DS was in a fantastic mood when he came home from School, it was like having a different child. He says he feels confident about today's practice and that it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. His confidence makes me feel so much better.

Thanks for your on-going support.

Nif229 :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Who will be marking the paper nif - you or the school?

If it is you, and the result isn't that great, do remember to gently fudge the mark, won't you? :wink:

Confidence is so important at this stage, and nothing should burst his bubble if possible!

S-A
nif229

Post by nif229 »

I think all 3 practice papers are sent home together for us to mark on the Friday before the first paper. Seems a bit late to me!!

I'm looking forward to October 7th as we're going to have a bonfire with all our VR paperwork! This includes all the papers our DD practiced on 2 years ago!

Have a great evening.

Nif229
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Don't put the practice test papers from school on the bonfire nif - if you find yourself at an appeal, they might just be useful.

They're not strong evidence of anything (they are the same papers every year), but you will kick yourself if you think that they might help to prove a small point at appeal.

(But it won't come to an Appeal! :D )

Beyond that, burn away, and dance round the bonfire while it all goes up in smoke!

S-A