todays test 1 (1st Oct)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Where I buy doughnuts, they come in packs of 5 - job done by the time I get home some days!
Opinion counts for nothing - show me the evidence!
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

Enduring image! I hope you keep a packet of baby wipes in the car to wipe the sugar off your mouth - we addicts have to hide the evidence! As for Hermanmunster - I won't be able to take a doctor seriously next time he/she looks me in the eye and asks if I eat a healthy diet ! Or is a varied diet the most important thing - doughnuts, chocolates, brownies, carrot cake for extra vitamins...

Friend's child has just had an operation, and needs another one in a few weeks, and she debating whether to try and squeeze the tests in between the 2 ops, or wait till after.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

jellybaby wrote:Can anyone answer my question of last night, about whether there is a latest date for taking the tests?
Sorry - I missed that one jellybaby. This is taken from the Headteacher's manual:
30 October: Latest date for Admissions & Transport Team to receive completed test papers to ensure results available on 20 November.
When to fit the test in will depend on how the operation has affected her. There are almost too many pros and cons concerning the possible need to appeal against non-qualification or school allocations to go into!

A few tips though. Your friend must not rely on the Headteacher to sort this one out on her behalf. The Head may be fantastically clued up and pro-active, but there are those who aren't. She should go straight to the horse's mouth - Bucks CC Admissions to discuss what to do in more detail. She should also confirm everything with Admissions by email and print the emails in case of an appeal at any stage.

She should also get an opinion from the child's consultant and the GP. If the verdict is that the child is unfit to take the test she should obtain a letter to confirm that, because it would be essential at a Transfer Appeal.

Sally-Anne
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Operations are an issue with me atm.

Student had a very serious op at the end of the summer holidays. Quite simply put, he could have died.

A few weeks on, still frail and prone to unexpecteded emotional states.

Did the first test and found it very stessfull. The question is, should he be allowed to take the second later on, and if he was allowed, given the time-frame necessary, would it actually make any difference?

A bit of a dilema, but his mum does bring me doughnuts - the ones with icing on, and if I do get stuck in need of a quick fix, then I'm prepared to use the defrost function on the microwave.

And I live in town so can walk back from the doughnut shop (obviously burniing off the calories as I go). Anyway the car's full of choccy wrappers from long journeys too and from photography jobs!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ian35mm wrote:Did the first test and found it very stessfull. The question is, should he be allowed to take the second later on, and if he was allowed, given the time-frame necessary, would it actually make any difference?
If, having seen the effect on him of the first test, the conclusion is that the second test should be delayed for a couple of weeks to prevent damage to his health, I doubt there would be an issue.

The issue arises if the delay takes him beyond the cut-off date. I have a nasty feeling that the first test might then be counted as his only result ...

Bucks CC Admissions again, Ian. It is the only possible way to resolve exceptional cases like this.

S-A
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

Yep, mum was dispatched back to school after seeing me to get confirmation of Heads support, then to contact Admissions.
Opinion counts for nothing - show me the evidence!
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

Thanks for the advice Sallyanne. Do you know if there has to be a certain no. of days between tests?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

There should be a gap of at least one day between tests.
Etienne
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

Thanks. I'll pass the info on to my friend.
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now