Exam technique

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DIY Mom

Exam technique

Post by DIY Mom »

Fingers crossed and good luck Friday, to all the devoted parents that put in lots of time and money to help their kiddies. My daughter sits 11+ in 2007. We have completed IPS 21 question types/technique, have moved on to the 10 question practice pages and have have tried a couple of full papers untimed and timed. My daughter doesn't seem to have a problem with the questions, but is taking twice as long she should to answer the paper. I could do with some advice on exam rather than question technique. i.e. Should I recommend tackling the quick, easy and favourite types first? I would also appreciate any advice on next phase of preparation? Perhaps there has been a previous thread or a book someone could point me to? Thanks in advance.

Post by Guest »

Hi DIY Mom,

You will find a good list guidance and products for Bucks in the 11 plus Bucks region of the main part of the website:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plus-bucks.php

Whilst IPS question quality in verbal reasoning is good bear in mind that the actual exam is 50 minutes not 10 or 30 minutes.

You will also find a lot of other discussion in this section of forum from this and past years about when to start practicing and appropriate material.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear DIY mom

The following link may help, 5th post down.

viewtopic.php?t=929

Personally I do not like my tutored children leaving out whole sections at a time, it creates a false sense of security, they STILL have to complete the DREADED ones!

You have started quite early with your preparation so there is plenty of time to improve speed. There are also many threads in the tips section which may help.

Any questions please ask.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now