Todays results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I have more time to catch up with this forum now.

Romana, Steve, Pleased, Bucksmom, Ghazala790, Greta, First timer, Resmum, Rebel, Shining Levels, Happy mum, Happy

I am so happy for you.

My heart goes out to Dissapointed mum, Guest , Suki, Rochelle, Ambridge. Juliab, Confused mum. You are all condidering an appeal. So BEST OF LUCK.

Juliab, I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for your Berks results.

Worried, may be Postman Pat is to blame, and you are going to have your letter today! Best tof luck to you and USA who still have a long wait.

Congratulations to you ALL , and your children for your hard work.

Bet wishes

catherine
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

I must say despite my disappointment with my son's result, I was looking forward to catching up with lots of online message reading this morning, and I wasn't disappointed! Lots of lovely news from nearly everyone. usa, I can always drive up to Aylesbury and hammer on BCC door if it helps you!

I suppose all my posts will be in the appeals section now, unless we strike lucky with Berks. My gut instinct is that if you are not successful in Bucks, you are unlikely to be successful in Berks. Any thoughts?

JuliaB
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Julia,

I do know of children who took both tests last year and only passed the Slough one.
The Slough test is more maths based, so requires different skills.

Best wishes to your son.

Catherine
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Thanks Catherine

Maths is his strong point, so maybe his overall marks in Berks will be pulled up. Whether it is enough to get a pass is anyone's guess!

I shall keep reminding myself that some that fail Bucks go on to pass Berks!

JuliaB
worried

Post by worried »

It looks like we are not going to get the result today either. No post yet. Is there anyone else still waiting? Did usa get the result?

I haven't slept for two days. Yesterday, I was determined to be relaxed and hoped that the result will be here by the afternoon. I went and saw the film CR, did some birthday shoping and came home for 3pm and no post, called bcc and hoped it will be here today. 9.15 and no post. Now, we will have to wait until monday (unless there is a late post). Two more nights with no sleep. My son is even more disappointed that we still have to wait.
May be we will get both bucks and berks on the same day!
njg

results

Post by njg »

My daughter got 117 with her broken arm!
I`m really proud that she did so well considering.
Just hoping that our circumstances are extenuating enough for appeal.
Fingers crossed.
Well done for everyone for surviving.
chad

Post by chad »

Congrats to all who have received good news....

To those who's child didn't reach the cut off mark... If you think your child would do well in grammar then go for the appeal.

JuliaB

My child is very maths/science based and not so hot on english. He passed the Slough Grammar 11 plus. His very low score of 103 (cut off 111) in his VR paper was pushed up by higher scores in his NV and Maths.

I am sure that he would not have reached the '121' in the Bucks exam had he taken it.

His lowest level is still English but he has settled well in to grammar school life.

The 'Slough' exam is, in my view, more appropriate to those who have a maths/science aptitude.

Good luck for the Berks result.
Road Runner

results

Post by Road Runner »

Hello everyone

I just wanted to say a very big well done to ALL of the children for all of the work they done and indeed well done to All of you parents. You should all be proud whatever the results were/are as I know from experience just how daunting the whole process is and how much it impacts your whole life.

For all of those who didn't get the 121 my sympathy goes out to you and I wish you luck with the choices you now make. Your children are Stars don't let them feel any different. Remember lots of hugs and praise is the order of the day.

For those who did get the 121 and above then I am sure you must be estatic and I know the other parents will not mind you all celebrating and telling us all about your personal results. Congrats to you all, again lots of hugs and praise.

Keep on posting. I found this site last September and still visit.

Melx
JuliaB

Post by JuliaB »

Thanks Chad, I'm really hoping the same applies to us, that his Maths scores pull up the others....I'll certainly let you know how we get on.

JuliaB
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now