Two weeks and counting....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Thanks so much for posting that, it really made me chuckle!
All the very best of luck, fingers crossed for all you Bucks people for next week. :D
Charl39
Milla

Post by Milla »

:lol: :lol:
awwww, makes it all so worthwhile doesn't it! You need someone to go into Glos and nick the fancy numbers on the countdown thread which some clever person has put up.
BlimeyG'vnor

Post by BlimeyG'vnor »

I know we get the results next Friday, but do any of you clever lot know when the school is informed ? Is it the same day as us or before? :x
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

I've read on here that the school knows the day before :) Scary eh!

Can I just add that you are so lucky you have the 11+ in Bucks. I live in London and my DD has to sit different tests at every selective school she applies to, some lasting a whole day, and we do not find out the results until admissions day in March. So count yourself lucky your wait is so short! We are still preparing for the tests!
Charl39
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Can I just add that you are so lucky you have the 11+ in Bucks. I live in London and my DD has to sit different tests at every selective school she applies to, some lasting a whole day, and we do not find out the results until admissions day in March. So count yourself lucky your wait is so short! We are still preparing for the tests!
That sounds awful, much worse!
Good luck, hope your DD does well

Bagpuss
BlimeyG'vnor

Post by BlimeyG'vnor »

Yes, good luck and well done to your DD for what sounds like a long process! At least we get to draw a line under ours quite early on in the school year.

Mental note to avoid any teacher etc from my son's school on Thursday 19th! :wink: I wonder why they get the results a day before we do ? Is that the same for all counties?
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Thanks for that Bagpuss. The annoying thing is my daughter is very good at VR and I think she would pass the Bucks 11+, so would possibly achieve a GS place if we lived in Bucks. But has to jump through hoops in English, Maths, VR and NR and then has to be in the top 96 (or very close if it goes to waiting list) to achieve a place in one of the schools she wants to. Then take other tests for back up schools. I appreciate just testing VR could also disadvantage some children and is not really a fair way to test all children, but in my DD's case I think she would do quite well in that system.

Blimey Guv'nor, where we live the primary schools know that place your child has been allocated the day before admissions day (i.e. day letter is posted) so I will most definitely not be picking up from school that day!
Charl39
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Is that the same for all counties?
No our 11+ in Gloucestershire is so disconnected from the primaries they never get given the results.

On the plus side the Grammar schools have moved towards a system of one test for all. This hasn't always been the case I believe and the results you get given still differ from school to school.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BlimeyG'vnor wrote:Mental note to avoid any teacher etc from my son's school on Thursday 19th! :wink: I wonder why they get the results a day before we do ? Is that the same for all counties?
Prepare to duck for a bit longer ... the schools will have the results in the very early part of next week, usually by the Tuesday. They have to process the letters themselves, checking them off against the master list and putting them in envelopes, hence the early delivery.
Milla

Post by Milla »

our school def knew ON the Friday that we got ours last time round (2 years ago) but whether they knew even earlier, on the Thursday, I don't know ...
If this year we're meant to hear on the Saturday, then presumably ours, at least, will get an e-mail or a fax or summat and find out on the Friday. It's something that is really irritating, somehow, given their lack of any involvement, that they are privy to OUR information before we are, having done nothing to help. :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now