Two weeks and counting....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
patricia

Post by patricia »

Sally-Anne wrote:
:: Discuss with your child how they will react on Monday morning to having qualified or otherwise. Look carefully at how they will cope. If your child has qualified, discuss with them how they will talk to children who have not been successful.
Just to add to Sally-Annes fantastic advice, I would not allow your children to ring their friends until you have cleared it with their parents.

Many schools hold circle time, discussing how the children feel. It can be a very sad time for those who have not performed as well as can be expected. I remember my childrens circle time [along time ago] Some comments made by the children...

"I am scared I will let my mum and dad down"

"I am scared that I will not pass"

" What do I do if my friend does not pass and I do, will she still speak to me"

Many schools also tell the children the letters are NOT to be opened on the school premises, with teachers out on the playground ensuring this rule is kept to.

I wish everyone good luck.

Patricia
Milla

Post by Milla »

Good luck you lot.

It sounds pretty terrible to have parents' evening in the middle of it - when they know and you don't. Why can't the teachers tell if they know so early? Or, if as it seems they can't, why not have parents' evening the following week when the results can be discussed?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It will depend on how the school handles it as to whether the class teachers know the results. In some cases it will just be the senior members of staff and the office staff who know the results because they will have seen the letters and master sheet.
Milla wrote:Why can't the teachers tell if they know so early?
The results are strictly embargoed until the end of school on Friday.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Good luck to all our DC's and whatever the outcome, we know in heart of hearts they did their best x x x

Just glad the results are out next Friday, rather than today "FRIDAY 13TH" ...
Heartmum x x x
rainbow1

Post by rainbow1 »

I,m glad there have now been loads of replies to Nif229s original post - i find comfort in the fact that i'm not alone in counting down the days until the 20th ! I really don't mind if DD doesn't pass - she is more than happy to go to the local secondary school ( a decision made entirely upon the size of it's Library and Art Department mind!) In fact she's completely laid back about the whole thing. So why is it that for my benefit only, I have now taken to counting the number of SLEEPS until results day!! (only 7 now'''!) Good Luck for next week everyone!
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Yep, not long now! I hope you all have a really good week next week.

Maybe it's best to fill it with lots of activities that'll take our minds off it!! I'm planning on washing, ironing, painting the cloakroom, clearing out the lobby, tidying the shed, pumping up all our bike's tyres, collecting some firewood and any other job I can think of!

Best wishes
Nif229 :lol:
Hope

Post by Hope »

I work in my DS's school, so will avoid the office, the head and anyone who may know the scores, I will become a hermit in my classroom!!

rainbow1, my DS chose his secondary school on the state of the football pitches and goals! never mind the maths/science/english depts and I am hoping he will pass the 11+ :?
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Deleted
Charl39
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

SLEEPS? What's that? :(

I spent half last night lying awake planning my response/reaction to my DD's result:

Not Pass: "Never mind, you did really well. You really liked the secondary school when we visited it, it's a really nice school. I'm proud of you x x x"

Pass: "Well done, you worked hard. I'm proud of you x x x"

So a few more of these 'non-sleeps' and I'd have practiced my reaction/comments many, many times - although when it comes to the actual moment, I'll probably say/do something completely different. :roll:
Heartmum x x x
nif229

Post by nif229 »

heartmum

I think our brains must be wired in exactly the same way! I spent half the night going over the same conversations in my head!!

I can't even bear to think about results day, it makes me feel sick. DS told me this morning that he's confident but worried!!! Bless him. I'm so proud of how he's behaved over the whole 11+ process.

Good luck all.

Nif229
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now