VERY LATE TESTER

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

See just when I had run out of TV and was beginning to brood - I read the latest posts and have been having a good chortle
I am so glad we at last know what Sally- Anne looks like!
And Midget Man was also packing a few surprises, but not it appears anything else...
I suppose it is time for me to reveal that I should have chosen Cat Woman for my online persona
I am not nor have I ever been a saggy old bagpuss

By the way it is true about the pasta - protein (chicken or fish) and veggies much better the night before
Off to feed the cat
The real one
Bagpuss :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

NO NO NO!!! Big Daddy was called Shirley.... Sally-Anne - you'll have to change the username!!!

MidgetMan's mum - hope you have a good day today and all the messages from yesterday help with the prep for saturday and also some insight to all the "goings on" and psyching out that happens around the 11 plus prep.
I sure MidgetMan will do fine - I love his nickname!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hermanmunster wrote:NO NO NO!!! Big Daddy was called Shirley.... Sally-Anne - you'll have to change the username!!!
I morph at your command Herman ...

(Off topic, Midget Man, but it may help you to stay sane? :wink: )
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

This forum is like everything else I suppose, it has its ups and downs

Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol:
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Patricia (a much valued and very experienced contributor to this forum) swears by avoiding pasta the night before (dulls the brain)
Patricia is right. Complex carbohydrate suppresses cortisol, the hormone which, among other things, helps us to wake up in the mornings and which should be at its highest then.

Most top sportsmen and women don’t eat carbohydrate after about 7pm in the evening so their bodies have time to metabolise it before they go to sleep.

Love all the pictures, by the way. Sally-Anne, glad I can now look out for you at the school gates :lol: :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I shall make sure he does not touch pasta :D

He's decided he want's fruit salad in the morning and a banana instead of the usual cereal bless him.

I have said we'll go and have a lovely breakfast afterward's, a cup of tea and to relax reading. Then in the evening he can have a take away and stay up late watching a dvd with us. Just thought it is nice to make it a day to look forward to for him, anyone else do this?

You have all certainly got me wondering what you all look like anyway :lol: Pics are great!
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh yes! and en route chat about something else - the DVD, X Factor ( :oops: ) do NOT be tempted to slide in some last minute stuff. No need, no point and def could be counter-productive.
Good luck to what the Australian in me would call the little fella, he sounds a great chap.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I just don't know how the little man can do this when I am just petrified and so nervous(I don't show him though!)

If that was me after just 3 weeks practising I would say NO WAY!! :lol:
I cannot think of anything else and have just lived and breathed VR for what seem's like forever, so it iwll be nice to finally see the end after Saturday's test! I guess we will be having to look at the 12+ instead.
I do also hope in a way that this boy at my son's school doesn't get his result's until after his mum pick's him up, don't want my son thinking about that before his 2nd test.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now