DIY in USA

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alex

Post by Alex »

Have been "eavesdropping" on your posts USA - so very pleased to hear your good news. Congratulations to your son and to you for all that hard work and preparation.
i-qah

Smashing news

Post by i-qah »

Dear USA,

Many congratulations to your son and of course you - he wouldn't have achieved this brilliant result without your hard work and dedication and love. I have been traking your postings in the forum for a long time and am so pleased for your family - I will also be embarking on the DIY route to help my son with his in 2007 - you are an inspiration to DIY'ers. When you've come back down to earth, any other tips on what to avoid or do would be so helpful.

well done!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi usa

I hope you are basking in the blazing sunshine that you have generated on the forum. All richly deserved, and a relief from a grey winter's day in Bucks!

I think you have just become the appointed expert on DIY on the Forum for the immediate future. Congratulations - welcome to the team!

:lol: :lol:

Sally-Anne
usa

Post by usa »

Thank you everyone who has written in to say well done to my son for passing - we feel quite famous! It is so appreciated - you don't know how much! It is made all the nicer because no one out here knows what the 11+ is, and so you have all become my extended family and friends network!
Once again I thank all the contributors to this Forum who have so freely offered their advice and help - it is wonderful to see.
To everyone going onto appeal - you are not alone and we are all behind you and we are here to share in your ups and downs. Hope your children all get the result they deserve and have been waiting for.
USA
Melx

Post by Melx »

Hey USA

Can we all come to yours for a holiday then?

:P
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Me too!

8) 8)

Sally-Anne
Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

Hey Sally-Anne

Do you think we should pack yet??

:P
Mel
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You mean you haven't packed yet, Mel?

My suitcase is by the door, passport ready, dollars in the purse.

Ready to go at a moment's notice! :wink:

Sally-Anne
usa

Post by usa »

Just calm down you two! - you might be getting a good exchange rate at the moment for your pound to the dollar, but, there are people here who are reading this, hoping for some good advice re verbal reasoning, and there you are making your holiday plans..............! (It does make me laugh though, so thank you so much for that!!!!!!!!)
Back on topic.............you have all offered great support to me - I appreciate it and now in turn offer my support to anyone I can help with coaching their child themselves - it can be done!
USA
Dorset Parent

Post by Dorset Parent »

USA - A belated congratulations from Dorset Parent! I've been wondering about you and have been browsing through the Bucks Forum tonight. I'm so happy for you and not in the least bit surprised. You and your son have put in so much effort for this and you have been incredibly organised and motivated - an inspiration to us all.

And now you have to do a 12/13 + for your older son! I didn't know a 12/13 + existed!!

Thanks for your motivating remarks and helpful information. I have a younger daughter of 8, but I am still reeling from the experience with my 10 year old daughter and cannot think about a possible future repeat effort at the moment!

A brilliant achievement to you both!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now