Walsh Paper I And G

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monsoon

Walsh Paper I And G

Post by monsoon »

Hi,
I am new to this forum and just joined. Reading Patricia's advise for Buck exam this year.. (My dauther is taking this year 2010).

I bought Walsh papers.. (not going to use until July/Aug) but not 100% sure about the followings??

"However please note that Walsh use brackets in types I AND G which of course are not used by GL assessment. I tend to cross these off as I do not want to confuse the children. "

How do find out the I and G tyeps in the paper.. (I bought the Walsh 1 and 2 Papers)

Sorry if this sound silly.. but I am new to all these ..

Thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi monsoon, and welcome!

The "Types I & G" refer to the Verbal Reasoning Method & Technique book published by IPS: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... %3D8%23b85 which you can buy from our bookshop. It is invaluable in helping you to help your child learn the various techniques for answering each question type.

For immediate reference:

Type I:

25 + 17 - 3 = 12 x 3 + (?)

Type G:

A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 E=6, what is the answer to the sum:

A + B + C = ?

I suggest also that you take a good look through the Verbal Reasoning section - there are lots of posts on there that will be helpful to you.

Sally-Anne
monsoon

Thank you

Post by monsoon »

Hi Sally

I've got the IPS books as well... yes.. got it now..
I am going to be regulaor visitor to this site from now.. Lots of valuable information.. Thank you...