royal latin

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lizzie

royal latin

Post by lizzie »

Does anyone have any idea of the likelihood of getting a place at RLS if living just out of catchment? Son has passed 11+ and we live just over the catchment border.

Post by Guest »

Fairly good chance, I think, as proximity is one of the main factors taken into account for out-of-catchment applications. How far away are you?
Guest19

RLS

Post by Guest19 »

I agree with last guest the school has approx 33% of children my Milton Keynes which is about 11 miles away so if you are closer than that it should be a positve result for you. Both my children walk there each day but you should see the buses!
Guest19

Post by Guest19 »

Whoops sorry should have said from Milton Keynes.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

2006 entry "All catchment applicants offered, out area siblings and out area applicants to a distance of 10.485 miles"

The information is on the LA website:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get//asse ... ofiles.pdf

There are fewer MK pupils in Y7 and Y8 since the rules were changed in 2005.

Hope this helps

Post by Guest »

Further to my previous reply, details of applications/qualified preferences are provided on the school's new website http://www.royallatin.bucks.sch.uk/visi ... ssions.asp
lizzie

Post by lizzie »

Thanks for the replies.We live in northants and we are within the 10.45 mile distance.I am aware of the admission criteria set down by the LEA.It would be great to know if the pass rate this year is as previous years, or in fact if it is lower. I believe that County have not yet published pass rates.Obviously this may help out of catchment children as more places may be available. I have heard some rumblings that some schools in bucks have been disappointed with lower numbers of children passing this year. Does anyone have any info on this.It is difficult to speculate as in some years children in my town are offered a place and in other years they are not.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The number of children passing is usually in the paperwork that comes with the 11+ results. It is well known that the marks are 'massaged' to ensure about 30% reach 121 with about 33% after appeals.

What you need to know (and can't find out until places are allocated) is how many of these are in North Buckinghamshire and have put RLS first. If there are 168 people living nearer than you you will not be allocated a place and will have to appeal. The school don't know this until 1st March either - so keep you fingers crossed!