12+ places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sharon, I think you will find that the letters are being posted today and will arrive tomorrow (with a little luck).

All dates quoted by Bucks CC are usually dates of posting.

Fingers crossed for you!

S-A
sharone

Post by sharone »

I'm at work so can't check the post. The letters might come tomorrow as Sally-Anne said, but we got our result letter on the same date we were told that we would be notified, so I'm really hoping it's today. My poor lad is getting anxious.

The waiting is agony...
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Agree with Sally-Anne. If the date noted on their website/letter's stated it would be the 14th, then the earliest you could receive them is tomorrow and hopefully no later than Monday!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

You're right, Sharone, we did get our results letters on the date they said they would post them. Looks like we aren't so lucky with the allocation letters, though.
sharone

Post by sharone »

Yes, letter didn't come as predicted. Hoping that it arrives (with good news) tomorrow. Hope we all get the news we want.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Will keep my fingers crossed for you all and will keep a look out on here for hopefully good news all round :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Any new's yet for you all this morning? Still keeping everything crossed :D
panickingmum

As Expected!

Post by panickingmum »

Hi,
Well we got our letter today and as expected a big fat NO! My DD flew the 12+ and said it was really easy as I heard some others say. Why do they give them an easy paper when so many will be disappointed. Better to give them a difficult paper and only a few pass who might stand a chance of a place. I knew we wouldnt but am still bitterly disappointed. My DD is coming out top in most subjects at secondary but hates her school she knows as we do that she should never have been there and that nerves and extenuating circumstances at 11+ time have ruined her school career.

This process is so unfair!!!

PM
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Sorry to hear your news - your DD did very well though, so maybe it would be worth trying an appeal? I don't know if there is a waiting list for Y8 but might that be another possibility, especially if you are in catchment? I know of other cases where successful 12+ applicants in catchment appealed against oversubscription and won.
Marylou
sharone

Post by sharone »

Sorry to hear your bad news PM, it is a blow. We have been a little luckier and have been offered a place. Our lad is over the moon. After all this time he really deserves this place.

Hope others have had the result they wanted...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now