3rd round allocations?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hassledmum

Post by hassledmum »

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Happy times now for you. :lol:
Midget Man

Re: 3rd round allocations?

Post by Midget Man »

Was just wondering whether Mumofboy and any other's waiting on further rounds from Bucks school's have had any good news? Hope so x
hassledmum

Post by hassledmum »

Congratulations to all those that have the desired outcomes - we haven't unfortunately. Although we have been allocated SHF this is really our last choice - been thru appeal and both rejected.The RLS panel very friendly but feel they had made up their mind up before we went. The AHS one was really not very nice experience - found panel very stony faced and LA rep was aggressive to extent that chair had to stop his questioning - put it down to experience! On the plus side we are slowly moving up the waiting list we are 4th on the AHS list and 6th on RLS list but we need to get uniform sorted so we'll have to bite the bullet and order min amount and hope that we get in to our preferred choice before sept.
DD is really looking forward to starting so that is really positive and I am trying hard to maintain my enthusiasm with her even though I don't feel it.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Hassledmum - |Your DD has a grammar school place! And a very good one at that! Yes, you might get into AHS via the waiting list, but, if not, please try and encourage her that she will be going to an excellent school that lots of children wanted to go to, but couldn't get in to, but she could!
many thanks
dejavu
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Hassledmum-You have to be really positive now as Dejavu is right, you have a grammar school place and there are lot's of children who didn't quite manage to pass but owuld have jumped at the bit for a place.
You're high up on the AHS list so may still get it anyway, but SHF is still a very good school with like minded children who all want to achieve.
hassledmum

Post by hassledmum »

yes sorry I know I sound dejected but DD is really pleased and looking forward to SHF. She has her induction there next week and knows quite a lott of people going there. I only feel demoralised because of the appeals and how that made me feel! I know we are luck . I'm sure once I've been to the parents evening on monday I can get into the spirrit of the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now