Burnham Grammar School Induction Day for Year 7

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Moving on

Burnham Grammar School Induction Day for Year 7

Post by Moving on »

Can anyone please confirm details of the Induction Day for BGS i.e. start/finish time and what happens on the day. Thank you.
andyb

Re: Burnham Grammar School Induction Day for Year 7

Post by andyb »

Might be quicker to phone the school?
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

Hi andyb - thanks for reply. Rang Admissions several times but keeps going to vmail so left message for someone to contact us.
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

All sorted now. Eventually got through to school and relevant info will be sent to us.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

In case you don't get the letter in time, it is arrival from 9am with a 9.15 start. Smart/casual (not sure what that means for a 10/11 year old, but they don't have to wear their current uniform). Bring £2.50 or packed lunch and a pencil case with pencils & pens. Parents should arrive 1.15 for a 1.30 meeting. All will finish at 3pm approx. We also had a load of forms to send back and payment for a locker (£20 - they get £5 back when they leave!! I'm hopomg mine gets a brand new shiny locker for that!!). The letter arrived a couple of weeks ago.
scary mum
Moving on

Post by Moving on »

Hi Scary Mum - many thanks for the info. Our DD was on the waiting list and a place just became available. We now have all the forms and the staff my DH liaised with were very helpful in making sure we got them before the Induction Day.

Did you go for the Open Day celebrating 50th years? We did and had such a wonderful time. It was well organised with lots of activities.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

No - was sorry to miss it as have 2 children starting there in sept, but life very busy :shock:
scary mum
guest666

Post by guest666 »

Note the point made by Moving on

For September BGS has all 150 places allocated plus a waiting list. Indicative of its increasing popularity. So there will be little scope for any potential 12+ transfers the following year