NFER/Letts/GL Assessment papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kiki4

NFER/Letts/GL Assessment papers

Post by kiki4 »

Hi, Can anyone confirm whether the old Nfer papers suitable for Bucks have been revamped? I know they were reprinted as Letts/GL assessment but I have just ordered some from Amazon (because they were out of stock on this website) which now have four completely new papers. Everything is the same on the front - the giraffe etc. and they are printed by Letts but they have an 'All New Practice Papers' sticker on the front and the layout of the papers and questions are different.
Thanks
mitasol

Re: nFER/LETTS/GL ASSESSMENT PAPERS

Post by mitasol »

I think that the papers you are talking about are new papers published by letts which are not Nfer/GL official practice papers. These are fine if you just want a Nfer style paper.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... D30%23b397 or you can get them direct from GL Assessment. These are the official Nfer/GL papers which have a new cover but otherwise the content remains the same as before.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

GL is now the official test provider and took over from Letts in my county and a few others....but on the practice papers, the ones you got are the new one puplished this year by Lets with a logo that reads created by experienced examiners and teascher. Old logo read created by the real 11+ publishers.

The old papers by Letts had a makeover due to change in ownership and these no longer have the girraffe and are now these ones http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... 0&p=30&a=0 These are exact replicas and questions are the same as the old Letts papers but just different covers.

I have both sets and there really isnt much difference, if you just prefer to have all the 8 sets then you may get all of them but any 4 of these should be just fine.
Impossible is Nothing.
kiki4

Post by kiki4 »

Thanks for the replies.
Just to confirm the cover with the orange and red - NFER-GLA Verbal Reasoning Multple Choice Pack1 - ISBN: 9780708719879 contains the old tried and trusted Nfer papers (11A,11B,11C,11D)?
I am amazed they did not have to change the cover when they changed the papers. I have been ordering for years and still have some old Cornflower Blue Nfer copies!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

9780708719879 Yes this is original and only MC VR Nfer test. Ex giraffe ex cornflower blue. :D
Y

Re: NFER/Letts/GL Assessment papers

Post by Y »

There's a whole thread about this here:

http://elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11pl ... =3&t=13724

and another one here:

http://elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11pl ... =3&t=15371

The second thread discusses problems with the maths questions in the new Letts papers.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Y wrote:The second thread discusses problems with the maths questions in the new Letts papers.
It wasnt the just new papers, it was both old and new papers. Personally I wouldnt worry about it. :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sorry Sherry I don't mean to be picky but it is only the new papers that have the problem. :)

I'm starting to bore myself on this subject! :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

mitasol wrote:I'm starting to bore myself on this subject! :lol:
I am tempted to ask what the difference is, but we shall leave that for that other thread :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now