Bus - Burnham to Beaconsfield High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chez

Re: Bus - Burnham to Beaconsfield High School

Post by chez »

drummer wrote:is Burnham in catchment for Becky high? If so why is transport not provided?
Yes, parts of North Burnham are - we are on edge of catchment.
They consider that due to the fact we have a grammr school in Burnha if we choose different school
we should pay for our child to get there
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Not sure if it happens anywhere else other than Burnham! But it is clearly marked on the catchment maps - so I guess look on those if you are concerned about your area. I think we may be the only area this affects though. :(
drummer

Post by drummer »

no, not just you, a whole swathe of south Bucks over to Iver.

Just wondering if there are other shared catchments in Bucks and if so what happens there or is this peculiar to Becky High.

Also, does it work the other way round, if a child lives closer to Becky High but chooses BGS would they get transport? (there might not be an area if this is the case as I am not looking at the map!)
guest666

Post by guest666 »

BHS used to (still does) show 2 maps catchmeent including free bus and catchment without free transport.

If you look at the county maps JHG and BHS have catchments with huge ovelaps with other schools mainly SWB and BGS respectively. BGS actually has very little exlcusive catchment in county
drummer

Post by drummer »

what I mean is, if you look at the catchment maps I can't find any other map where an area is specifically excluded from free transport so I am wondering what happens elsewhere in county.

Eg, it seems that SWB (mixed) share catchment with Wycombe High School (girls) but there is no mention of areas excluded from free transport. So, what happens in other mixed catchments and why is only the BHS exclusion mentioned on the maps?

If this IS the only mixed catchment where this is done, why?
chez

Post by chez »

drummer wrote:what I mean is, if you look at the catchment maps I can't find any other map where an area is specifically excluded from free transport so I am wondering what happens elsewhere in county.

Eg, it seems that SWB (mixed) share catchment with Wycombe High School (girls) but there is no mention of areas excluded from free transport. So, what happens in other mixed catchments and why is only the BHS exclusion mentioned on the maps?

If this IS the only mixed catchment where this is done, why?
I know that a lady in Burnham had t his arguement with the county a few years ago but decided that after some reponses from Bucks wasnt going to change anything and therefore gave up. She had a small group of people supporting her but felt it wasn't worth pursuing it. Bucks CC have skins of rhinos and won't budge on certain things and this happens to be one of them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now