Sir William Borlase ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

joop

Sir William Borlase ?

Post by joop »

I noticed on the 2010 allocations that all pupils were offered places to Sir William Borlase. I live in OCC and notice that John Hampden is getting more difficult to get in so I will definitely look at SWB. Does anyone know if this is a friendly school, as my son would be coming from rural Oxfordshire - Watlington way. Any info. about the school welcome.
MelW

Re: Sir William Borlase ?

Post by MelW »

My son attends Borlase and it is a nice friendly school but as I understand it, the school does not take ooc. The school is undersubscribed this year but they have chosen this rather than take ooc pupils.
MelW

Post by MelW »

Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc? Historically you could never get an ooc place at SWB but because of the dropping birth rate over the next 3 years this will maybe become a possibility.
joop

Post by joop »

Thanks

I will go along to the open evening and ask about it. I know that most schools like to be full as poss (without being over) due to funding. It is helpful to know that it is friendly. Thanks
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

MelW wrote:Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc?
Yes, that is the case Mel. If they have vacant places after all in-county children have been catered for they cannot refuse to take a child simply because they do not live in Bucks. (The Greenwich Judgement.)
drummer

Post by drummer »

Sally-Anne wrote:
MelW wrote:Actually on further thought I think if the school has applications they may have to accept ooc?
Yes, that is the case Mel. If they have vacant places after all in-county children have been catered for they cannot refuse to take a child simply because they do not live in Bucks. (The Greenwich Judgement.)
This is what I though too
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now