Hello..... help May Birthday.....!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Hello..... help May Birthday.....!!!!

Post by Sally-Anne »

guest666 is correct, although I gather that many schools take the view that the 11+ score is simply not relevant and ignore it.

From anecdotal evidence I would say that it is not a particularly strong indicator of the child's final attainment level. A child who just scores 121 can easily come out at the end with a stack of "A"s at A Level, while a double 141 could go completely off the rails. Likewise an Upper School child can achieve really great things. There are too many other factors at work in the intervening years!
Tree

Post by Tree »

Hey loli34 around 67 should be a pass for may born so she is in the right ballpark to pass so all the best , as we have discussed at length before the bucks 11plus is not a great test and i'm not sure the actual score predicts much at all really, i think if you and her feel it's the right school for her then thats a best guide, the exam is just a hurdle to cross.

confidence calmness composure and canelloni is the secret to this week
Tree

Post by Tree »

oh no oops pasta's bad isn't it

swap canneloni for canteloup in previous post

good luck all
loli34

Post by loli34 »

Thank you Tree for that information I was working on her needing 69........ strangely a calmness has come over myself yesterday and DD!!!

We had a lovely evening - she asked if I could go over type k with her again tonight as it's one she realy struggles with time wise..... so that's all i'm gonna do tonight and early night - sweet & sour pork and rice for dinner ....... not sure if that counts as negative energy but will be buying some bananas today lol!.

" What will be - will be! "

Good luck to everyones DD and DS's tomorrow ****
drummer

Post by drummer »

so what's wrong with pasta? I take it we are talking about dinner the night before and not breakfast!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Pasta may be good for physical energy, but for some it is not so good for mental energy. May give them a "muggy" mind.

Patricia
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Pasta may be good for physical energy, but for some it is not so good for mental energy. May give them a "muggy" mind.
So that's no pasta for a month or so when doing GCSEs. My kids would never cope. Perhaps by then someone will have discovered that pasta is fine but that mushrooms cause fungal fogginess of the brain. Now that would make two children very happy.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

My DD used the pasta info to request smoked salmon and rocket sandwiches for lunch :shock: :lol: , and then home made fish and chips for tea! She says it will help her brain - well one must try!! Lets hope it helps her to remain calm and collected tomorrow morning!! Can't wait for this all to be over!!! :)
loli34

Post by loli34 »

Booklady wrote:My DD used the pasta info to request smoked salmon and rocket sandwiches for lunch :shock: :lol: , and then home made fish and chips for tea! She says it will help her brain - well one must try!! Lets hope it helps her to remain calm and collected tomorrow morning!! Can't wait for this all to be over!!! :)

LOL..... MY DD has pushed her luck to - bacon sandwiches this morning ! LOL and a takeaway tonight !!!! I'll be glad when next Weds is over - wonde rwhat she'll be demanding next week !
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

In addition to Patricia’s tip, it’s worth noting that it’s not a great idea to have complex carbohydrates too close to bedtime (ie within about 3 hours of going to sleep) as the human body doesn’t metabolise complex carbs very well when it’s at rest and they may suppress cortisol, which, among other things, helps us wake up in the morning.

Elite sportsmen may eat pasta an hour or two before competing for the slow-release physical energy they provide, but never if they’re about to sleep or rest.