A Big Thank You!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Cassandra

A Big Thank You!

Post by Cassandra »

DS takes the first 11plus paper tomorrow and, although I am feeling incredibly nervous for him, I feel confident that he is well prepared thanks to all the information that I've gained from this forum. I know that I wouldn't have taught him anywhere near as well if I hadn't found this site and so would like to say a huge, heartfelt thanks to all the people who help run it and especially to Patricia for sharing her VR methods and tips! ***
Cassandra
patricia

Re: A Big Thank You!

Post by patricia »

Dear Cassandra

Thank you for your kind words.

As far as I am concerned this whole forum is an absolute gem, it has come along way since the days I spent "arguing" about the most definite 21 types of questions.

There are so many great contributors giving such fantastic advice/information.

Patricia
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

Cassandra wrote:DS takes the first 11plus paper tomorrow and, although I am feeling incredibly nervous for him, I feel confident that he is well prepared thanks to all the information that I've gained from this forum. I know that I wouldn't have taught him anywhere near as well if I hadn't found this site and so would like to say a huge, heartfelt thanks to all the people who help run it and especially to Patricia for sharing her VR methods and tips! ***
Looks like today's test was easy
loli34

Post by loli34 »

If today test was "easy" (matter of opinion) does that mean that the second test could be harder - or are they traditionaly of the same level difficulty?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's not unknown for children to say that they found one paper easier than the other (and they're not necessarily talking about the same paper!).

It's also not unknown for them to get a lower score on the paper they found easier!
Etienne
patricia

Post by patricia »

Children often say its easy because more of the types they prefer have appeared.

In addition, as Etienne says the test they say is easy often turns out to be their lower score.

From experience I would not read too much into it.

Patricia
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

claiming a paper is easy may be blissful ignorance. I once thought a chemistry paper was the hardest thing I had ever seen, everyone else thought it was "OK". Guess who got the highest mark.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now