Bucks resident applying for Berks school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum's question

Bucks resident applying for Berks school?

Post by mum's question »

Has anybody from South Bucks/ Slough area in past ever appeared for Reading or Kendricks exam? Have they been successful, or was the distance a criteria for not being successful? I need your help, please advice..............
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Reading school designated area for 2007 entry

http://www.readingschool.reading.sch.uk ... edarea.php

Kendrick only mention distance as tie break

http://www.school-portal.co.uk/GroupRen ... eId=274066

You will need to check the final details for 2008 when published. :wink:

stevew61

Post by Guest »

Thaks Stevew61,
SL4 4
SL5 0, SL5 7, SL5 8 & SL5 9
SL6 1, SL6 2, SL6 3, SL6 4, SL6 5, SL6 6 & SL6
Reading Boys says the last post code is just SL6, our present postcode is SL69DD, not sure if it comes within the designated areas :shock: . Probably needs confirmation from school, but anyways my daughter is for Kendricks, where you are right, distance criteria is considered where there is a tie. That means less distance is advantageuos only if her position is in waiting list. They consider the top 93 from the exam top marks (after standardising), after that this distance criteria comes into consideration when going for the waiting lists..........am i right ? :?
mum's question

Post by mum's question »

sorry, the above is me---------"mum's question"...........thanks Stevew61
hugh

Post by hugh »

If your child is academic enough to hope for a place at Kendrick, why not apply to the Bucks grammar(s) that you are in catchment for? Surely that way you have a better chance of an excellent school?
mum's question

Post by mum's question »

yes, thats exactly what I would do. I'm trying to find her chances of getting to Kendricks as well considering other criterias like distance, LEA rules...........Even if I consider my daughter as academically strong to get a place at Kendricks, but other admission procedures might not let her do so always.
Am trying to work out various options so that my daughter being a bright girl doesn't loose her chance in getting through a good school because of our ignorance.....would try our best as parents, then would be upto her to do the rest ......................
hugh

Post by hugh »

I actually meant apply to a grammar that you are in catchment for INSTEAD of Kendrick which your arent'.