dates for 2007

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

thanks

Post by Guest »

thanks deary.

Re: clear

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:s you said very few children get into from our area is it because of distance or is there any other points they consider. i
Children who live in catchment get places first. If there are any spaces left over for out of catchment children and they don't have siblings already at the school, it's down to who lives nearest. (In the past, it was highest score, but now that makes no difference, as long as the child has passed.)
Guest11

Test dates for 2007

Post by Guest11 »

Test dates for 2007 are 5 October and 11 October, as published on Bucks CC web site. See link below:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/cabinet_paper ... 11_06c.pdf
Chez

Dates for 11+ 2007

Post by Chez »

Dates for the eleven plus 2007 are 4th and 10th October.

I know this as I phoned up the admissions dept. to check before we booked a holiday for the week after the exams.
guest21

Post by guest21 »

I hope you got permission from school first - some schools will not authorise holidays in term time

Re: Dates for 11+ 2007

Post by Guest »

hello there could someone tell us if kids from berkshire, sitting for 11+ bucks will have tests on the same (4th and 10th/oct )dates and if they have to travel to bucks's school to have the tests or they will ahve there tests in there own schools.

Chez wrote:

Dates for the eleven plus 2007 are 4th and 10th October.

I know this as I phoned up the admissions dept. to check before we booked a holiday for the week after the exams.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Usually, out of county children take the 11+ test during during the autumn half term. However, some primary schools in Berkshire organise to have the Bucks tests done in the school, and in this case I think (but not sure) that it takes place at the same time as the test done in Bucks schools..

Post by Guest »

Hi , I agree with Catherine - If things haven't changed since my son took the Bucks test in 2005. His Primary school is in Berkshire but he sat the 11+ at his own school at the same time as the Bucks schools.

Guest66
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear ALL

Out of county children either

Take the test during half term [at a place designated by County] or

At their school [if the school are happy to invigilate] in which case it does NOT have to be the same dates as Bucks.

Of course County may change for this years in take, but the above was definitely the case last year.

Patricia
worried

Post by worried »

[quote="patricia"]
At their school [if the school are happy to invigilate] in which case it does NOT have to be the same dates as Bucks.

If the Berks school is linked with Bucks (Bucks information pack contains a list of linked schools), they have the same date as the Bucks school (normally). Otherwise, it's up to the Berks school head teacher. They decide the date and they might ask you to pay a small fee for their time. This is how my child had to take the Bucks test in 2006 Oct. Admission team told us that they tell the school to administer the test before the half term in October. We were only given 2 days notice for the date. Even then, the deputy was planning on administering both tests on the same day and we had to complain to get two test dates.

Hope this helps.