2 weeks to go!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

khanj010

2 weeks to go!

Post by khanj010 »

how are all the perants feeling not long now. has anyone got any 11+ news recently eg how this year turn out was, apparently more perants were saying the test were done quiet well !
I think it may be because more perants prepared there ds this time with more tutoring privately or at home.
Do you think the teachers know the results?
scary mum

Re: 2 weeks to go!

Post by scary mum »

No-one knows how anyone has done - people say these things every year. 30% will pass after appeals, as always. I think the schools hear early in the week the results go out, but it will be kept to a minimum.
scary mum
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

I really wonder how these parents know the tests were done well, I'd love to know as well. They must have a crystal ball?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Exactly :lol:
scary mum
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

I actually had a nightmare about result days. I dreamt that I opened the envelope only to find nothing inside. :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

DS is counting down! :shock: I could throttle that exam centre for putting a big sign up with the date of the results. :evil: I preferred a nice vague "sometime around the end of November"...

At least I can let him think that they are being posted on the Friday, so that when they do arrive on the Friday he won't have spent the whole day at school in dreadful anticipation.
Marylou
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know, Mary Lou. My parents asked yesterday and I mumbled vaguely about the end of November. DS piped up with "It's the 25th". :evil:

My stomach does a flip just seeing the title of this thread - silly, I know. :oops:
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yep - If I open my window I can hear nerves shredding from miles around. :(

The kids always know when the results are due out. There is no chance of keeping it from them if your child is at a Bucks school or one where more than a couple of children take the test.

I wish everyone very good luck for a successful outcome. I will post my usual health wanrings about Results Day next Thursday but for temporary reference this was last year's post:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 44#p213044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S-A
hedwigsmum

Post by hedwigsmum »

I don't know about you but I'm trying to perfect my, Zen-like lack of expression, in case DS's result is disappointing. We have spent so much time telling him, that it is not about passing (or not) but discovering the right type of school for him. Now comes the hard part!
God-willing, I won't need my acting skills!!!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sally-Anne, you and the other appeal mods must feel as though there is a big tidal wave building up ready to rush at you at the end of next week (I know it hapens all the time, but I think Bucks results time is a particularly busy time for you). Whatever the outcome I would like to say "thank you" to everyone on the forum for their help and support over the last year, mods and regulars alike, you've made the process much easier to bear, and I only wish I had found you all 5 years ago when I was going through this for the first time. :)
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now