Good Luck with Allocations everyone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monsoon

Re: Good Luck with Allocations everyone

Post by monsoon »

Hi

Can anyone tell me if Bucks county results are out or not?
I am sooooooooooo nervous as someone suggest SHF may not be 'All Offered'.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

I think it depends if you live in county or not! Some of those outside Bucks seem to have their Bucks result already - but the South Bucks online portal seems still to be closed (unless anyone knows differently!!)

The wait is killing me - I slept very poorly last night!! :roll: :roll:
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

This is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toooooo
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

From the South Bucks website (missed it before!!) - see the last sentence!!

The Portal is now closed in preparation for Secondary Allocations on National Offer Day, 1 March 2011.

Parents who applied on-line for their child's primary or secondary school place for admission or transfer in September 2011 are able to view the outcome of their application.

Additionally, emails detailing the outcome of secondary school applications are being sent from 5.00pm on 1 March - National Offer Day. Unfortunately, we cannot say when an individual email will be received. Letters will also be posted 1st class on 1 March.

If you wish to appeal for a place at a school you have ranked and we have not been able to offer, you can request an appeal pack by emailing admissions@buckscc.gov.uk or telephoning 01296 382442 or 01296 383267.

If your child is a Buckinghamshire resident and you have not yet applied for a school place, you need to complete a Common Application Form (CAF) and return it to the Admissions & Transport Team as soon as possible.

Please note that you can still logon to view your primary application once the portal reopens on 1 March at 5pm but will not be able to make any changes.

So it looks like we have to wait in misery till 5pm!!!!!!! :( :( :roll:
bellybops

Post by bellybops »

Have heard it might be open mid afternoon but think we definitely need to sit tight for this morning.

Good luck - just wish there was a simpler system than this. Good job I had a "heavy" weekend - slept for 9 hours last night!

XX
burnzeazi

Post by burnzeazi »

Bucks resident here. When they say that the results will be posted (snail mail) on 1 March does that mean they should arrive today? Perhaps someone with previous experience of this tortuous process could help.

Yours in anticipation and wishing all the best of British.
bellybops

Post by bellybops »

I'm afraid, posted today so you will get them tomorrow. Good luck...
crecheout

Post by crecheout »

Thanks for the replies, looks like I was not the only one staying up to wait. Should have gone to bed early as it has the same message on website that was showing all day yesterday too.
Fingers crossed that all our DCs get their 1st choices after all their hard work, I know for my DD it was not, "I want to pass my 11+", it was, "I want to go to Becky High!"
bellybops

Post by bellybops »

Now I'm frustrated - MK CC are emailing out & their site is up so my DD's friends know where they are going. Bucks still down - so she is going into school with some knowing & others not.

Is this really the best way to treat our 10/11 year olds - I despair!
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Its not good!! There really should be one timing for all - some knowing, some not, is not good at all!!!!