Waiting List or Oversubscription Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Booklady

Waiting List or Oversubscription Appeal

Post by Booklady »

Hi All - can I just get some clarification? If we do not get our no 1 choice (BHS) on Tuesday - but instead receive our no 3 choice (BGS) - will we then automatically be put on the waiting list for our no 1 or 2 (WB) choices - or do I have to do something to make this happen? Should we also do an oversubscription appeal alongside - I presume these can run in parallel - if you get a place off the waiting list in the meantime I suppose you just pull out of the appeal?

Thanks for clarification!
Sally-Anne

Re: Waiting List or Oversubscription Appeal

Post by Sally-Anne »

When you get the letter it will give you the option of going on waiting lists for other schools (it is not automatic) and also to appeal for other schools. The two processes run in tandem and if the waiting list comes up trumps you just pull out of the appeals.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Thanks Sally-Anne - much appreciated!
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

Re the waiting list, is it possible to obtain info on where your DC came on the list for a place at the schools listed on the CAF form, and then if you decide to go on the waiting list where your DC is on that for each school?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Good question! I don't know! Hopefully Sally-Anne or someone else does!?? :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Jules7 wrote:Re the waiting list, is it possible to obtain info on where your DC came on the list for a place at the schools listed on the CAF form,
I very much doubt it, and the information wouldn't be of much use to you anyway. There are too many variables (OoC kids, etc) to make it relevant.
Jules7 wrote:and then if you decide to go on the waiting list where your DC is on that for each school?
Yes. Once the acceptance forms are in and have been processed the waiting lists are put together and you can find that out. You need to be patient though - some parents don't bother returning their forms so Admissions have to chase them, etc, etc, and every phone call during that time just stops them getting on with the job in hand.

The second round of allocations is approximately mid-April, so you can reasonably call Admissions at the beginning of April to find out the waiting list position. Further rounds are at 6-weekly intervals, so the same applies to each one. There is not really any point in calling more than once in between each admission round - you will receive a letter if there is any momentous news.

If it goes to the wire (late June) it would be more reasonable to ring briefly once a week because children do have some right to know where they will be going in September by that stage.

S-A
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It says in each letter where you are on the waiting list. Bizarrely you can be, for example no 10 on the list on one round and 12 on the next as people move in and out of the area and add themselves to the list.
scary mum
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Sally Anne

My dd has secured a place at Chesham Grammar school but wants to be placed on the waiting list for WGGS ..Do I accept the offer from CGS online thru my LA admissions and then go on waiting list ?
Will acceptance of a place at CGS prejudice waiting list ?

Thanks

Nia1999
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

nia1999 wrote:My dd has secured a place at Chesham Grammar school but wants to be placed on the waiting list for WGGS ..Do I accept the offer from CGS online thru my LA admissions and then go on waiting list ?
Yes, because then she is assured of a place at a decent school.
Will acceptance of a place at CGS prejudice waiting list ?
No, not in any way at all.

HTH
S-A
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now