New allocation profile 13 May

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zee

Re: New allocation profile 13 May

Post by zee »

Marylou wrote:I know of one GS that is guaranteed always to be oversubscribed, mainly due to its position close to a lot of county boundaries...
Yet Chesham Grammar is close to a couple of county boundaries and invariably DOES have spaces.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Possibly, but might it have competition from the selective schools in Berkshire? We don't have any schools like that at all around here, at least not until you get to Rugby which is quite some distance away and not really feasible for most people within striking distance of the Bucks border.
Marylou
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

zee wrote:
Marylou wrote:I know of one GS that is guaranteed always to be oversubscribed, mainly due to its position close to a lot of county boundaries...
Yet Chesham Grammar is close to a couple of county boundaries and invariably DOES have spaces.
It is also little more than 3 or 4 miles away from the two Challoners schools, whereas Royal Latin is not only close to county boundaries, it is a long way from any of the other Bucks GS.
mk123

Post by mk123 »

Just posted on the appeals section our good news re getting a place at SHF after successful transfer appeal and thought I have to send yet more thanks on the Bucks post as most of the people that I have communicated with tend 'to exist' under this section. Thanks to everyone that supported us and gave invaluable advice. I would be grateful forever to all those that convinced us to appeal and kept telling us that there isn't anything to lose. Indeed it did lead to a happy ending and not only this but convinced us that had we had waited on the waiting list we wouldn't have got the place easily.... Good luck to every one for the future! Our DD will be the happiest person on the planet when she finds out tonight;)
joop

Post by joop »

Brilliant news !

So glad you went for it. Enjoy the celebrations tonight.

Joop
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now