Speed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Re: Speed

Post by vasu »

I got my son a digital watch which has a timer and a stop watch. He himself times each time he does a paper. Timing is getting better with each paper. He has realised with maths the initial questions are easy, so finish it fast and then keep a minute plus for the hard ones. Knowing timetable/spellings by heart helps by far anything. As everyone above have said"Practice makes perfect....or something closer to it :wink: "
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

H2OHNO wrote:The little robots also respond to bribery, when losing the will to live towards the end !!!
no_ball wrote:Another incentive that works is bribing the child to finish early in practice paper
Good heavens above - we'd never consider resorting to such measures... :oops: :wink:
Marylou
patricia

Post by patricia »

I bribed my own children [many years ago] :oops:

They had to do a test every week without moaning and groaning. If they got 90% or over in time they were given £1 which was put in a jar and saved up until the real exams were over...

Patricia
Colourful-Rainbow

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

patricia wrote: 10] Teach multiplication and division the old fashioned way. Not chunking and grids. I tell my children they do it my way for the 11 plus, they do as their teacher says for school.

Patricia
What is the old fashioned away? Just the numbers above each other for multiplication and for division the 'bus - shelter' method?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now