Devastated son

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

Last year the first round allocations for SWBG did indeed come out as far as Maidenhead. I know one offer on March 1st at least 5.3 miles by routemaster. If the final position was 5.5 miles there must have been some movement, but on the face of it not much.... Every year will be different, but this might be worth knowing if only try and gauge just how much the list actually move.

Good luck to Kemp on the appeal, it's most definitely worth a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Curious mum

Borlase

Post by Curious mum »

Perhaps Kemp can answer this ...

Does SWB admit by rank order of scores? I have heard of a Maidenhead child being offered a place (so presumably quite a distance out), however her score was 141.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Curious Mum

No, Bucks schools do not admit by 11+ score. A pass at 141 (the maximum) is treated exactly the same as 121 (the pass mark) or a successful appeal from a lower mark.

The child you have heard of got in either on distance in a favourable year, or on a successful transfer appeal.

Sally-Anne
Kemp

Post by Kemp »

Hello Curious Mum

Yes Sally-Anne is quite right, scores don't come into it in Bucks, my son simply missed out by distance only (half a mile) :cry:

Kemp
Guest1663

Post by Guest1663 »

Kemp wrote:Hello Curious Mum

Yes Sally-Anne is quite right, scores don't come into it in Bucks, my son simply missed out by distance only (half a mile) :cry:

Kemp
Did you/are you going to appeal? It's quite possible you will be within range after the next allocation stage.
Kemp

Post by Kemp »

Did you/are you going to appeal? It's quite possible you will be within range after the next allocation stage.

Yes, we will. You just never know how things could change.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good for you Kemp - it does sound to me as if there will be a chance, so it's worth going for.

Let us know how you get on!

Sally-Anne
Kemp

Post by Kemp »

Thanks Sally-Anne

We've got everything crossed at the moment :lol:

Kemp
Guest1663

Post by Guest1663 »

Kemp wrote:We've got everything crossed at the moment :lol: Kemp
And I've got my fingers crossed for you as well after getting my wires crossed earlier when I asked if you were going to appeal. Of course you are thinking about it as you started the thread. I misread the name in the later posting! :oops: :oops:

Anyway best of luck - the situation can change quite significantly so heres hoping it works out for you and your son.
Road Runner

SWB

Post by Road Runner »

Hi there

I just wondered did you put any other Grammar schools down as normally you would of been offered the next one on your list.

MelX
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now