What can be taken in to the exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MelW

What can be taken in to the exam?

Post by MelW »

My DC had the last practice paper today and has just told me that they all had their (giant) pencil cases in with them. Is this allowed for the real thing? What are the guidelines and do the school have to provide pencils and a rubber? Thanks.
patricia

Re: What can be taken in to the exam?

Post by patricia »

Technically the school should layout 2 pencils and a rubber per child.[Headteachers Manual]

However in reality not all schools keep to this, some allow the children to take in their own pencil cases.

Some schools will even allow a small good luck toy.

Patricia
MelW

Post by MelW »

Thanks Patricia. I was quite surprised!

Do you know what the guidelines are for a disruptive child in the exam? In two of the practice tests (including today) a child in DC's class has wept throughout. Today the child in question was removed after 5 minutes. I am speaking to the head about it tomorrow as she claimed in the 11+ Q&A session she did in the summer that 'nothing like that ever happens at this school'!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Any disruptions during the practice papers should be reported to the Head. In some circumstances they will arrange for a disruptive child/children to take the test in another room.

During the real test the Invigilator must make note of all disruptions, sending County details. From the manual...

Keep a note of events during the test

e.g. After 15 minutes X went to the toilet
After 20 minutes Y had a coughing fit
After 30 minutes Z was asked to not keep kicking the desk etc

Also general comments - room was cold noise from rugby pitch etc
A copy of these notes/comments should be forwarded to the Admissions & Team within two weeks of the second test date

Patricia