Allocation of schools if applying in 2 counties

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

Allocation of schools if applying in 2 counties

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I am in the midst of visiting schools and juggling with which schools to put in which order etc. My question is, that I was told on the forum that if we want a bucks school it should go on the top of the list, certain schools I am interested in are too far I feel for us to be considered realistically, so the closest one i think is Burnham, which at present I put down as no. 4, should I put that at the top to be considered, and then the consortium schools, or will this affect getting offers from the consortium schools?
Also will we get one offer only if there are 2 counties, or one from each county?

I prefer the slough consortium schools to bucks, mainly for travelling purposes and we may move that way, so burnham will also be near, hence confused where to put Burnham. (we live in UB1)

any advice?
Last edited by hasmum on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Re: Allocation of schools if applying in 2 counties

Post by hermanmunster »

You just complete the one form and get one offer (regardless of which county you live or which county the school is in).

You will get allocated the first school on your list which can offer you a place.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need to put them in the order you prefer ... then you will get your highest preference that can offer a place.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

As others have said - put them in the order you prefer.

Your DC may pass both or only 1 exam. If you pass Berks with a high enough score you will be offered a place there - if the score is a pass but you are not in the top group (varies by school) then it depends on distance from the school.
Burnham is your Bucks choice - if your DC doesn't pass the consortium exam it would go to the top of your list and if they can offer a place they will.

We did this but the other way round - we live in Bucks - but took both exams. DD passed Bucks but not Berks.

Choices were
1. BHS
2, SWBS
3. BGS
4. Berks Grammar
5. Newlands (Comp)
6. Altwood (Comp)

We were offered BGS, but then got BHS on the waiting list. But if we had not passed Bucks the Berks Grammar would have been at tyhe top of the list.

Hope that makes sense!
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Thankyou all so much for your quick replies, very helpful, in this testing time.
Thanks booklady.