Letts

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jabba7

Letts

Post by jabba7 »

Hi

Please can anyone guide me on where Letts papers sit in difficulty, are they equivalent to the real thing, Susan D etc

Thanks
misspiggy

Re: Letts

Post by misspiggy »

Hi jabba7,
As my son did a Letts paper yesterday, (the one with a Giraffe on the cover?), I think I'm now able to answer your query. My son got a mark of 81/85 (he got a silly mistake of not getting 'break and snap' as the similar meanings and he got one code question wrong because he marked the wrong answer on the sheet by mistake.

Anyone reading this will probably think 'blimey, thats a good score', BUT, I'm still not very confident as this was his second attempt at the same paper. His first score a few weeks ago was actually 71/85 (I take that original score as the true reflection).

His usual mark on other papers is 68 (Daughtrey, Walsh etc) and I have also been advised that Letts is actually slightly easier than the real thing.

Hope this helps
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

Many thanks. I have decided that as nobody replied initially to say yes use these I should go for GL and Susan D.

Thanks for letting me know
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think the old Letts ones with a giraffe on the from are the GL ones from a previous life. They keep changing publishers.
scary mum
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now