Allocation of school places for 2012 for Dr Challoner's GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

harlequin

Allocation of school places for 2012 for Dr Challoner's GS

Post by harlequin »

Hi

We live in Harrow and are considering applying to this school for 2012 admission.

Are there any parents who live in Harrow whose son has passed the 11plus exam and have recently been allocated a place at this school? I am wondering whether our son has any chance of being allocated a place at this school if we fall outside of the catchment area.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Guest55

Re: Allocation of school places for 2012 for Dr Challoner's

Post by Guest55 »

Last year boys outside catchment did get a place BUT this was the first time in many many years. I think I would assume that this pattern is unlikely to be repeated.

See the allocation profiles in the 'sticky'
bear

Post by bear »

hi

our DS got in at DCGS and is in YR 7. we live in northwood. We loved the school when we went to see it and were very impressed by the teachers and pupils and thought this was the school for him. We were very very lucky to get and beleive that this was the 1st time in about 6 yrs that they have offered OOC . There is no harm in putting it down on the form you never know!!!
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

How good is his cricket, harlequin? (sorry, Challoner’s joke)

As you may know, Challoner’s used to take quite a lot of boys from the Harrow area, but a few years ago Bucks LEA tightened up its rules and stopped the school setting its own 11+ pass mark so now the catchment area is quite a bit smaller, generally speaking. If the travelling and the fact that his social life will be based around Amersham and the Chalfonts doesn’t put you off, then give it a go, and good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now