worried!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stressed?Moi?

Re: worried!!!

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I really do know how you feel. I'm not sure my daughter is gs material but as she has worked so hard to get where she is in preparation, there is no way I would stop now because she would always resent me in the future, so we'll just have to see on the day. I have been told in the past that a school would prefer a child who is stronger in English than Maths because an "English" mind is more "flexible" and works in a different way to a mathematical mind which works more logically and is a bit more ridgid, so try not to worry too much. If she senses your worry then she will probably worry too, which ultimately won't help her. I've decided a more practical approach and have taken her to look at the local comp so that she can see her other option, and hopefully won't feel to devastated if she doesn't pass.

As an aside when my son was at his old primary school, the Year 1 teacher told us that he would only be average if he was to be put back into the Reception year. Guess what, we moved him to a new school and he is in the top 3 of his current class. He said he had been really bored at his old school and it definately held him back.

My advice would be to relax, trust in her ability, be ready to pick up the pieces if it doesn't go to plan and believe that it will all work out in the end at either school. If you look at the opposites to each bit of this advice you realise that it is the only way to a peaceful life - took me a while, but it is the only way forward and worrying achieves nothing.

Good luck to you all.
sargul

Post by sargul »

Hi,

If it is really what your daughter wants let her go for it! You find alot of schools/Teachers are anti selective schools or as the lady said before your child may not be challenged enough and is bored in maths! Even in Grammer Schools they have special clubs they can go to if they are struggling with a subject! Dont waste a bright child!
mum of five 2

Post by mum of five 2 »

Thankyou to everybody who replied and gave me the the confidence to beleive in my dc.I would just like to say good luck to all of your dc's for tomorrow.Whatever the score be sure to tell them you are proud of them :)
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Good luck all.