OOC exam centres

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marylou

Re: OOC exam centres

Post by Marylou »

Thanks for that, Sally-Anne - we would have been completely caught by surprise. Will just have to stalk the postie on Friday now instead of Saturday! :lol:
Marylou
Puzzled Mum

Post by Puzzled Mum »

No, it was a complete surprise last year when the results arrived on the Friday. My ds had no idea and I opened the envelope in private before telling him. I do think that it's better to have the results posted, as the parent can then decide when/how is best to tell the dc the results, especially if the required mark isn't reached. The SATS results & reports were sent home with the children and, even though they were told not to, some of them - and some parents too! - opened them in the playground in front of everyone! This would be so much worse with the 11+ results.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Agree entirely - I really think that something as important as 11+ results ought to be sent by post, or at least made available online since so many have internet access nowadays.
Marylou
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
The weird thing for us is the bucks results will arrive either day before or day of the slough consortium exam :roll: Maybe I'll wait till we come back and then open the envelope, will not have the heart to open before we leave, depending obviously whether we get it on fri/sat. if its saturday then def. will not open before exam, will be too nervous, have not received times for slough yet.

good luck to everyone who have taken, and pray for us who have yet to take.
Roll on 24th.

PS Have learnt alot of vocab myself during this process, and in habit of using dictionary for all unknown words. (spelt weird as wiered 1st then looked it up) :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

opened them in the playground in front of everyone!
That's what happens with some in county people - although waiting for the post is a nightmare, particularly if your postie is as variable with his delivery times as ours is. I would favour email notification, but the website would probably crash like it does on March 1st.
scary mum
jabba7

Post by jabba7 »

I also heard of children opening in playground last year and lots of tears, it is likely 70% of the kids won't pass so why oh why is Bucks so poor at this. It is all so stressful a little thing like emailing us the results why kids are at school would really help.

I will just have to grab DC and envelope and run home and hope for the best!
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

hasmum wrote:The weird thing for us is the bucks results will arrive either day before or day of the slough consortium exam :roll:
Thanks Hasmum, I hadn't noticed this...that's a bit awkward isn't it? The best thing for DC would be to not know I think...hopefully no one at the tutor or in the playground will let them know when the results are due out.

I think I might not even look myself until slough exam is over which will be very hard.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

hi guys congrats to all the aylesbury (bucks) ds's who finished the the vr test. I just wanted to know that will the teacher's know the results of the children test before us ! if so how many days before we get the results. Apparently some perants say that teachers do know the results but are not allowed to hint it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hey get them earlier in the week, and no, they cannot say anything.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now