where are all the bucks parents

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khanj010

where are all the bucks parents

Post by khanj010 »

have you all disappeared since the test that ds's have done. there are not many comments , advice, or anything from you guys!
well i surpose we need a break ,and are nervouse for the results, but hey celebrate what we have achieved ,we gave them the best start in life just hope they achieve what they worked hard for, or do well what ever the outcome.
misspiggy

Re: where are all the bucks parents

Post by misspiggy »

Still here....just moved up one stage from Verbal Reasoning practice to spending some time wondering what the actual letter we recieve on the 25th will state.

Does anyone know whether the letter breaks the standardised score per paper i.e Paper A 116 Paper B 121 (hopefully)

Is that it? or does the letter go onto state anything further?
Sally-Anne

Re: where are all the bucks perants

Post by Sally-Anne »

The scores are given for each paper. They are shown very clearly around two-thirds of the way down the page.

All the rest is a standard letter saying that either your child has been deemed suitable for a GS education, or that an Upper School will be more appropriate "at this time", or words to that effect. There are no enclosures with the letter, and appeal packs have to be obtained from the school the following week, so you can't tell anything from the size or thickness of the envelope.
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

Thank you Sally-Anne, just the answer I was looking for :)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Does anyone know if years ago the envelopes were different sizes (due to the appeal papers) or is that just one of those stories?

In answer to the original question: attending Snowdrops' virtual hen night and recovering (from the 11plus, that is :lol: )
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:Does anyone know if years ago the envelopes were different sizes (due to the appeal papers) or is that just one of those stories?
Definitely not since 2004, and I am fairly sure that it has never been the case. It would just be too obvious who had qualified and who hadn't.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now