Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mel

Results [from in area state schools] NOT UNDER ANY CICUMSTANCES allowed to be released to child or parent till end of school day.

Good luck

Have a glass of wine tonight!
Mel

Post by Mel »

Dear Kerry

Fantastic news for your son and you. It must be the most wonderful feeling. Like everyone else I am really hoping. Do you mind also just telling me did he score similar in the actual Practise test at school oh and how did he feel after he did the test, can you rememebr.

Thanks

Very anxious mother

Patricia

I have a bottle cooling as we speak but hope its the champagne Im drinking later!!

Post by Guest »

Dear Mel

Kerry gave that information three posts before yours. I think the wine is already going to your head!
relieved

results

Post by relieved »

Our results came in the post this morning, as it's an inset day at our son's school. He's scraped through on 123 which is a massive relief. His typical score in practice was 90 to 93% so he should have scored higher, however he will have dropped a lot of points due to his early September birthday. Good luck to everyone still waiting. :)
Mel

Post by Mel »

Kerry

Apologies if i am asking you again(re:guests comment).When you refer to the NFER Nelson do you mean practise at home or are you referring to the Practise Tests he did at school.

Many thanks

Mel
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Hi Mel,

Liam went to a preparatory school and hence there was no ceremony about the release of results. If anything the Head is dissappointed at potentially losing a child out of the independent sector.

The school did not help with the preparation (it would not be fair to name it here), but it is currently helping with the preparation for the senior independent schools application due in January.

Instead we worked studiously at home over the summer and I must say the whole experience has brought my family closer than ever before.

We were sent three practice papers by Bucks CC in the post which we self-administered at home. He had a raw score of 85-92% if my memory serves me right.

Finally, my wife, Cath, drew a lot of comfort and assistance from this website, my heart felt thanks to them.

Mel, good luck with your results.

I am still walking on air!
Jed

Post by Jed »

Hi Mel

When's your son's birthday? From the posts so far, it does seem like there's quite a big score difference between ages (but could just be me overanalysing!).
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hi Jed

My son is born August 4 so I figure he should get marked up, what do you think?

Mel

Hi Kerry

Thanks for that I must say I agree about the being closer thing we too are the same so whatever happen we will all be fine.

WE brought him a pressie and although its not a big thing like a lot of presents his friends have said they have been promised for passing we got him something for just having done the test so he will get it either way.
Jed

Post by Jed »

Hi Mel
I think he stand a very good chance. A previous post said their son's birthday was June & average score on practice = 75% (i.e. 60 out of 80). He scored 117. Your son with August birthday would probably have got 118-119 for the same raw mark & it sounds like his practices were a bit better.

Let us all know anyway as you've obvioiusly been feeling so nervous today you've bearly left this site!
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Hi Mel,

I will de-tour on route home tonight to pick up something for my son, I think he has earned it. :wink:

It's a surreal feeling I must say after months of agonising uncertainty. I wish you all the very best of luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now