Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

Bad luck about the after-school club! It's bad enough waiting till 3 o'clock.

I've told my daughter not to forget that anything over 100 is above average and over 110 well above average. And that's out of a group probably already above average nationally. So even if she doesn't get 121, I hope she'll realise that she's done well.

But to pin my heart of my sleeve, I REALLY would prefer comp. in Bucks. Some of my elder daughter's friends were so upset when they didn't get to go to the local secondary they preferred just because it was a grammar. Even though in some subjects (especially art, music and creative writing) many were stronger than my daughter who passed. Now I get the feeling the opposite is about to happen to my other daughter.

Oh well, c'est la vie!
Smita

Results

Post by Smita »

Hi Everyone,

Just got our results today and my son scored 117, just missed out by 4.
We shall be appealing. We will be talking with my sons headmaster for a successfull appeal.

To be honest, we are please with the above score as in practice test papers he was getting on average 75%, nowhere near 86% which is what was required to achieve standardised score of 121.

Good luck everone who is waiting for bucks results.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hi Smita

Sorry about the 121 but yes he has done well and should be very proud. Good luck with the appeal. Do you mind telling me did he get any extra points for being young?

Mel
Smita

Results

Post by Smita »

Mel,

I dont know, but he must have. He was born on 29th June.

Smita
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

My wife just called me, our son got 122, pass mark was 121. I am overjoyed feels like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders, I feel quite emotional even though he passed. I don't think I can go through this again next year with my daughter. :roll:

Post by Guest »

Kerry, that's great!

What was your son achieving on the practice papers and when was his birthday? (we're all frantically trying to work out the possibilities now!)
SkyLark

Post by SkyLark »

Oooh - good luck to all of you. We will be in your situation next year - however, am confused about how you receive the results in Bucks??
If any of you get a moment can you confirm - do state schools get told a specific time when they should hand over the relevant form to the pupil giving the result? Do independent schools set their own agenda as to what time it happens and I understand that out of area/catchment get their results sent by post? Seems confusing as GCSE's results etc. are all available to everyone at the same time ie first thing in the morning....
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Smita

Goodluck for your appeal.

Dear kerry

Well done to your son.

To both of you - out of interest - how come you have your scores so early in the day? Are you out of area - and results came in the post?

In area schools are NOT allowed to release reults until the end of the school day.

To all others

Patricia

That wait is neally over - good luck to all [parents and children]
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Liam born October 10, 1994 - in practice papers he was scoring 85-90% in Susan Daughtery BrightSparks, 80-85% on Nfer Nelson, 90-95% on IPS, 85-95% on AFN and similar on Athey.

Hope this helps. :wink:
Mel

Post by Mel »

Patricia

I do hope that is the case as my son said yesterday he thought the children would be given their letters in the morning and expected to keep them safe until the end of the day. Surely this cannot be true.

Mel
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now