Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Raheela

Scores

Post by Raheela »

Do September children usually get low standardised scores ?
PS my DS did pass but with a lower standardised score than ecpected..
Thingsbehindthesun

Re: Scores

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Standardised scores are explained here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But generally the age of the child is taken into consideration when they sit the tests..For example a september child may need 77% for a 115 standardised score in comparison to 72% needed for an August child.
;D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Relax - he qualified. Many did not and a score of 121 or more is irrelevant. It would be much better if Bucks only said "qualified" for scores of 121 or over. Your DS will only have been compared to other September born children.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In my experience the score tells you nothing about how well they will do at GS - I agree with scary mum that it would be better if Bucks just said 'qualified for a GS'.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

And preferably in an envelope that is sufficiently thick that children can't hold it up to the light and see their results through it the moment they are handed it. :evil:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ours were given out a few feet from where the mums were standing so no chance of that!!
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I guess that's another economy Bucks CC have made .. cheap envelopes!

They could e-mail them out at 4pm - this would ensure they were received when children had left the school premises and save the cost of the 'envelope' (or tissue paper as it has been renamed).
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Guest55 wrote:I guess that's another economy Bucks CC have made .. cheap envelopes!

They could e-mail them out at 4pm - this would ensure they were received when children had left the school premises and save the cost of the 'envelope' (or tissue paper as it has been renamed).
Agreed - in these cash-strapped times, they could save the cost of postage almost entirely by e-mailing or texting the results for those who request it! I know of one OOC parent who assumed this was what happened anyway and spent all of yesterday morning checking her e-mails. Using snail-mail these days seems so antiquated.
Marylou
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

crunchie where will your DD go? We were in your position 3 years ago but things have worked out better than we could have hoped. More details if you want them
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Oh, crunchie, how horrid for you and DD. As I said above, ours didn't really get the opportunity and we all grabbed them (DCs and envelopes) and made a speedy exit. Although i have to say, even if DS had seen through the envelope, I'm not sure he would have been able to interpret it all.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now