12+ in 3 weeks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

As a local grammar school teacher, may I just say "good luck" for the 12+, and how much I am looking forward to meeting your children in September. They sound like a delightful, hardworking group of children with highly supportive parents. Perhaps, when you get your positive results, you can discretely give enough information for us teachers to know whether we are going to be meeting your children, so we can make sure that their transition is a easy for them as possible.

Keep thinking positively.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I shall have everything crossed for you tomorrow, Sally-Anne, and for all the rest of 12+ bunch.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

Thank you so much - what a lovely post!

I cannot tell you how utterly delighted I would be to meet you within the confines of a GS classroom! :lol:

As you are a teacher I would be very interested - as I'm sure many others would - to hear your views on the difficulties that 12+ entrants face on arriving at GS.

My own son should be comfortable academically, as he is (and always was) quite high up in his year group. The main issues would be social integration and the attitude of other children - are 12+ children seen to be second best? What do schools and teachers do to support 12+ arrivals?

Thank you for your support - it is much appreciated.

Sally-Anne
[color=#FFFFFF][size=50]http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk[/size][/color]
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

As a teacher I can only echo what the Guest above says - However I do think some Grammars are better at supporting 12+ pupils than others.

My child has never be made to feel inferior and I have been impressed at the support that nearly all the teachers have given. I think its easier if there are more than one or two new pupils and if 12+ entrants join the school most years.

One issue can be modern foreign languages e.g. if your child hasn't studied two in Year 7 or has studied the 'wrong' ones - but again some schools offer extra lessons to help with this.

I can give advice about transfer e.g. what the new school needs to know once you all hopefully get places -
Emma

Post by Emma »

Best of luck to all children taking 12 plus for tomorrow..............
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Sally Anne,

I'll have everything crossed for you and your son tomorrow!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

The 'roaring papers' are a great sign!

:)

BW
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Sally-Anne :)

All the best for tomorrow you are in our thoughts ***

And all the best to all the other 12+ candidates and their parents.

Footymad xx.
Junior

and finally..

Post by Junior »

good luck to all the children taking the 12+ tomorrow, I'm sure all the hard work will pay tax free dividends! Many thanks to all who have provided some invaluable advice on this site too. When is the result out? GO go boys and girls!!!
janeyjack

while your child sits the 12+

Post by janeyjack »

Hi Sally-Anne and 12+ers,
The very best of luck for tomorrow! I will be thinking of you all and the children sitting the test (it could be us next year!) Please don't sit fretting and biting your nails while they sit their test. The hard work is done and they will do their best.
How about going out with a camera and taking a few pictures or collect some flowers to press? Then, when they get their results, you can make a card or bookmark from those momentos. You would have 'captured the moment' so to speak.
Just a thought to save a few grey hairs!
Much love, Jane
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The result arrives mid May with another wait after that to see if a place can be found - finally heard good news on June 9th ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now