Educational Psychologist Report - Recommendations for

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

manicmum

Educational Psychologist Report - Recommendations for

Post by manicmum »

We have a DS in year 6 who missed out on his 11 plus. I have to say that this forum and the contributions has helped us with the guidence of his HT make the decision not to appeal. Thank you to all of you!

For many years now I have pondered if I should get my DS assessed by an educational psychologist. However I don't know what you get our of this process and also I would want some strong recommendations of a provider that has some quality (having been throught the process of an 11+ coach who I felt offered less of a service than this free open forum). If there is a link to an area on the forum that I have missed could someone kindly point me in the correct direction. I've done a search but most of what comes back is in relation to individual appeals. I've placed this in Bucks as this is where we live.

For background our DS is at a lovely prep school in Bucks (moved out of state in yr1 due to particular circumstances at his state school - i.e. no class teacher for a v.significant period - felt the best thing to do at the time). He has thrived there with strong school reports. Many classes he does really well (came top of the year in Latin exam last term much to our suprise). However there is a significant split where his pace of work seems to hold him back and the lack of depth of his answers in more extended questions let him down, although all of the teachers say he is clearly very able. (Like many contributors here I am frustrated with the he's a boy and he'll mature line!) In addition when I read his report there are teachers that say he is an asset to the class and those who say that he is positively silent - but when you read the report by subject it sounds like there are two different children being reported on.

I am keen to get a deeper understanding if there is an issue that has not been identified so that we as parents can support him in working out the correct future home for him. However I recognise that this is a significant step for a DS who by all accounts is doing well.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions of where to start!?!?!?
mk123

Re: Educational Psychologist Report - Recommendations for

Post by mk123 »

manicmum,
So sorry to hear about you worries. I am sure some expert advice is on its way.
I recently read a post on EPs that you may find useful:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... st#p270370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope things work all right for your DC in the future!
mk123
Morning Glory

Re: Educational Psychologist Report - Recommendations for

Post by Morning Glory »

I have sent you a PM regarding the EP we used.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now