Out of catchment?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bikeman

Out of catchment?

Post by bikeman »

Out of catchment?

Why would you think it acceptable for you to take a grammer place from a child within catchment? We already suffer from over competition for precious few places without ooc applicants.
scary mum

Re: appeal comming up

Post by scary mum »

I think I'm correct in saying that in Bucks grammar schools that all children who achieve 121 are guaranteed a GS place, so children from OOC are not taking places from them, they get them if there are any spare.
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote:I think I'm correct in saying that in Bucks grammar schools that all children who achieve 121 are guaranteed a GS place, so children from OOC are not taking places from them, they get them if there are any spare.
I think you are...AND sturman's primary is OOC, but sturman lives in Bucks and is not ooc...
mad?
bikeman

Post by bikeman »

sturman wrote:To sum up my case we are Ooc ...
As far as I am concerned schools in catchment are paid for by and should be first for those who live in catchment.

If you live out of catchment you probably have a very acceptable local comprehensive whereas my DD on 120 'needs' a grammer place to avoid being condemned to a sub-standard education in our very poor secondary school alternative.
mad?

Post by mad? »

bikeman wrote:
sturman wrote:To sum up my case we are Ooc ...
If you read all sturman's posts you will see it is the school which is ooc.
bikeman wrote:As far as I am concerned schools in catchment are paid for by and should be first for those who live in catchment.
schools are not paid for by parents in catchment, school funding does not work that way.
bikeman wrote:If you live out of catchment you probably have a very acceptable local comprehensive
a huge assumption
bikeman wrote:whereas my DD on 120 'needs' a grammer place to avoid being condemned to a sub-standard education in our very poor secondary school alternative.
You have my sympathies and I really hope your appeal is successful, it is a hideous system, stressful and very unfair at times. Good luck.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It would be against the law not to allow OOC. You have my sympathies that your DD came so close, but no-one is taking a place from her. If yours and Sturman's DC were both successful in their appeals, were both applying to the same school and there was only one place, the person living in county and closest would get the place.
scary mum
Etienne

Re: Out of catchment?

Post by Etienne »

I've moved the above away from Appeals where it was not appropriate.

Thank you very much, scary mum and mad?, for your responses and for trying to set the record straight.

We try on the Appeals section to support one another with regard to appeals!

Hijacking someone else's thread to raise other issues is a breach of forum etiquette.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now