1st March 2012 Allocation Profile

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

Re: 1st March 2012 Allocation Profile

Post by Sally-Anne »

heartmum wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote: ... Transport Direct, munch. Instructions are on this page: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Lets hope that Bucks CC use this as their distance checker, from the details given (by car) my friend's DC (OOC) would be within the current allocations for AGS! < fingers crossed emoticon > :wink:
It uses similar software, but it isn't identical. Also, it takes no account of footpaths, whereas BCC's software does.

It will all be so much simpler next year when we will all just need a ruler! :lol:
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Sally-Anne wrote: ... It will all be so much simpler next year when we will all just need a ruler! :lol:
:shock: Just had an image flash before my eyes of you walking the pathways of our country, with your ruler in hand, trying to help ease the paranoia of us parents! :lol:

"Above and beyond ... and all that!" :D :wink:
Heartmum x x x
dansaki

Post by dansaki »

Thanks for answering the first part of my question, please could you give me an idea as to when the next batch of allocations will take place and if possible at what point will we know all have been offerred? Thank you.
munch

Post by munch »

dansaki-I believe it's every 6 weeks so next round is 15th April.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

dansaki wrote:Thanks for answering the first part of my question, please could you give me an idea as to when the next batch of allocations will take place and if possible at what point will we know all have been offerred? Thank you.
Whoops! Sorry about that - I am reading and typing so fast (lots of private messages) that I missed that bit.

Yes, further rounds take place every 6 weeks, and the next round will be 15th April. If you don't receive a place in that round you will be told where you are on the waiting list.
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Amersham School profile movements still hard to predict over the next few months. It's a very similar mileage to 2009 when, by September, all places had been offered. And yet in 2010 a slightly wider initial allocation zone seemed to change relatively little. :o

Wycombe High allocation zone has narrowed quite sharply - not even drawing from outside catchment which is a first for years.

Becky High not dissimilar to recent years.

Highcrest profile has tightened sharply.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dad40 wrote:Amersham School profile movements still hard to predict over the next few months. It's a very similar mileage to 2009 when, by September, all places had been offered. And yet in 2010 a slightly wider initial allocation zone seemed to change relatively little. :o
Yes, Amersham was always going to be very difficult this year. A lot of parents will have chosen it over the Misbourne because the latter is in Special Measures.

However, everything I am hearing says that the Misbourne fully expects to be out of SM by July, and really going places. At that point I think a fair number of parents in Great Missenden and nearby may well decide that they would prefer their child to go to the local school, and pull them out of Amersham! It really could go to the wire.
anxiousp

Post by anxiousp »

Good luck to everyone with the results today.
I for one am a disappointed parent...my child scored 130 for BGS but we are 13.8 miles..so according to allocation she will not get a space..... a friends child scored 121 but is 13.5 miles...thus will get a space at BGS.....it makes me think why are we encouraging our children to get a higher score....all they need is 121 and a home nearer.....
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

anxiousp wrote:Good luck to everyone with the results today.
I for one am a disappointed parent...my child scored 130 for BGS but we are 13.8 miles..so according to allocation she will not get a space..... a friends child scored 121 but is 13.5 miles...thus will get a space at BGS.....it makes me think why are we encouraging our children to get a higher score....all they need is 121 and a home nearer.....

That's the whole point in Bucks, that if they qualify the score is irrelevant and distance is what is important. I would imagine you will get one if you are only just outside at the moment, good luck.
scary mum
anxiousp

Post by anxiousp »

Thank you Scary mum....hope that we get a place....as a few of the children have applied together..and she is the only one out of area at moment....biggest problem is that all the rest of the families were dependent on us to drop and pick kids....as there are many family issues with everyone........but fingers crossed....hope things go well for you as well
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now