Allocation error - Beaconsfield High School.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Allocation error - Beaconsfield High School.

Post by Sally-Anne »

kusanagi wrote:BCC on the other hand have been so helpful
That is very good to hear. Bucks Admissions deserve a big virtual bouquet for how smoothly everything has gone today. The CC website and online portal has been live for the entire day as far as I know, emails went out to parents many hours earlier than planned and the Admissions team has been efficient and helpful towards every parent I have spoken to who has needed to contact them directly today. It's such a shame that this had to come along and spoil it all. I do suspect though that it isn't BCC's fault, but that of RBWM.
Thank you to everyone for your support, especially S A
My pleasure, kusanagi. This is one of those rare situations where there has clearly been a huge error, and if I can help you to navigate the system to get what is very definitely yours (or rather your daughter's) by right, it is a good use of my time.

Let's hope that you hear back from RBWM very promptly tomorrow.

ks, please let us know how your friend gets on as well.
ks

Post by ks »

As far as I know it has been sorted, but not the sort of thing you want to happen. Allocation day is already stressful enough
Kindahappy

Post by Kindahappy »

Same thing happened to us. Within the boundary but offered bgs instead of first choice school. And again bcc very helpful painful getting through to rbwm admissions to sort it.
I'm only hoping they have enough places for all these system errors.
:roll: what a mess!!
kusanagi

Post by kusanagi »

thinking of you Kindahappy, we've had a lousy day, when it should have been smiles all round. Hope your situation gets sorted too
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Kindahappy wrote:Same thing happened to us. Within the boundary but offered bgs instead of first choice school.
Oh dear, that makes 3, possibly 4 cases.

Which school should you have been offered, kindahappy?
Kindahappy

Post by Kindahappy »

JHGS
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thanks, kindahappy. Do let us know how you get on, and feel free to PM me if you need to.
kusanagi

Post by kusanagi »

Well after a totally traumatic allocations day, i am so pleased to be posting this reply. Below is an excerpt from an email from RBWM that i received this morning

I am so sorry I was unable to respond to your email yesterday.

I have now had a chance to look at your details on our system, and it clearly shows that your allocated school is Beaconsfield High. Your allocation letter which you should receive today (it was posted first class yesterday), will confirm this.

The allocation you viewed online was an error on our part – Buckinghamshire County Council sent us a few late allocation files during this last week, and we amended our system and our letters etc manually. However, it would appear that because we had already pressed the publish allocation online button, any changes made after that date were not recognised by the system.

Again, I do apologise for any upset this has caused you.

Kind regards

Senior Admissions Officer
RBWM
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Phew!! Glad that is sorted ... not good for your nerves! Anyway hope you can celebrate this weekend :wink:
drummer

Post by drummer »

so what would have happened if kusanagi had not been on this forum. If the email from RBWM is correct the error would have been picked up by BCC when she accepted the BGS place?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now