Buckinghamshire home to school transport again

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsChubbs

Re: Buckinghamshire home to school transport again

Post by MrsChubbs »

Aargh they've got me too! I am now going to have a conversation about the fact that the closest geographical school has never taken children from as far away as we live and see how they bat that one. Keep you posted.
By the way my blood is also boiling from the lack of understanding for vulnerable children too who's special cases are not being taken into consideration either as well as S-A's post about "pay now get it back later". Looks like someone is modelling themselves on the olympic ticket process.
:evil:
andyb

Post by andyb »

Is there anyone with a GS qualified child (with no special circumstances) who will actually get free transport? I did ask BCC (again) and was just referred to the consultation document :evil: . It just feels so unfair. No one can be discriminated against for race, religion, disability etc but our children can be treated less favourably for being intelligent as determined by BCC's own test.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

andyb wrote:Is there anyone with a GS qualified child (with no special circumstances) who will actually get free transport? I did ask BCC (again) and was just referred to the consultation document :evil: . It just feels so unfair. No one can be discriminated against for race, religion, disability etc but our children can be treated less favourably for being intelligent as determined by BCC's own test.
I've heard of one person (see above). Ironically they didn't expect to get it as their DD is going to a GS and where the upper school is nearer to the end of the same road! I have received 3 different letters for my 3DCs, all with different procedures and two different amounts (two at full cost, one at reduced cost).
scary mum
drummer

Post by drummer »

scary mum wrote: I have received 3 different letters for my 3DCs, all with different procedures and two different amounts (two at full cost, one at reduced cost).
Were you not entitled before, ie were you paying for discretionary places and this has now been brought into line with what everyone else will be paying come Sept, or is this 3 x admin charges you have received?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

One new one (therefore paying full if discretionary place available - goodness knows what I will do if one isn't!!), one going into 6th form (discretionary place guaranteed if I apply before June 1st), one reduced fee place guaranteed if I pay by June 1st.
scary mum
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

Hard to fathom out.... Have a son at closest Grammar School which is 6 miles away who I will now have to pay for. Daughter at closest catchment secondary about 3 miles away I also have to pay for as non-catchment school 2 miles away (which we applied for but had no hope of getting a place) is closer.
:twisted:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you applied for a school which is closer but didn't get it you are supposed to get transport paid for (assuming "about 3 miles" is more than 3 miles). I think!
scary mum
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Absolutely agree. If u applied to closest school and didn't get place u should be entitled to free transport. Also see front page of bucks free. Interesting thought just crossed my mind, if an upper school can teach a grammar school qualified child surely a grammar can teach an upper school child.......
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

I'm confused!!!!!

DS at GS just under 3 miles (and not nearest upper school) but due to unsafe route has always got a free bus pass. We have not as yet received the letter asking us to cough up £76 which I was expecting - Should I have received one? Still not sure whether he will be entitled to free transport or not.

I did ask them during the consultation period what would happen for the children in our village who use the same bus to go to two different GS's but they said they couldn't answer individual queries.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I was just having a look to see if I could find something to help Bucks mum1 (I couldn't on a quick glance, although I'm sure I've seen it somewhere), and I found this:
Free transport to the nearest qualifying
school, where the pupil lives within the
statutory walking distance from school
and where, due to the nature of the
route, they are unable to walk in
reasonable safety even when
accompanied.
Here's the link to the policy: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... y_2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by scary mum on Fri May 11, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now