Out of County - help needed please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
consultjai

Re: Out of County - help needed please

Post by consultjai »

Hi Sally-Anne,
Thanks for keeping my post separate for questions related to my area (Dunstable).
This might be a silly question - what do you mean by non-bucks school on my list? sorry for sounding so stupid. The schools near to my place (i calculated the distance and time with my sat nav - all these 4 schools are within 45 min travel time) are Ayelsbury GS, Chesham GS, DCGC and Sir Henry F GS. what is non-bucks school? is there a list? are they outside bucks? can we keep the results of bucks (2 VR 11+) to apply a place in those schools? or any additional test to be taken along with 2 VR's? are they all GS's? hope you dont get angry with me because of several questions.
Jaik
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi - I think what S-A means is that you will put some local (to you) schools in case the GS qualification score is not reached.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

consultjai wrote:Thanks for keeping my post separate for questions related to my area (Dunstable).
It was all getting very messy, as you will have noticed!
This might be a silly question - what do you mean by non-bucks school on my list? sorry for sounding so stupid. The schools near to my place (i calculated the distance and time with my sat nav - all these 4 schools are within 45 min travel time) are Ayelsbury GS, Chesham GS, DCGC and Sir Henry F GS. what is non-bucks school? is there a list? are they outside bucks? can we keep the results of bucks (2 VR 11+) to apply a place in those schools? or any additional test to be taken along with 2 VR's? are they all GS's?
I was thinking of Beds schools that you might apply to.

As an example, your CAF might read:

1. Preferred Bucks GS - one of SHF, AGS or CHS.

2. Either second preference Bucks GS, or a good Beds school that you might hope to get your DS into, but can't be sure about.

3. The best Beds school that you would accept if all else fails, and that you are as sure as possible of getting a place at.

The third option is the one you really need to focus on if there is a school that you want to avoid at all costs.

One tip is that both SHF and CGS have been "All Offered" in most years. With only 3 preferences on your CAF, you could adopt the following strategy if your highest preference is AGS.

Name only AGS on the CAF, list your two other non-Bucks preferences below AGS; if your DS qualifies and isn't allocated AGS on 1st March, apply for the waiting lists for AGS, SHF and CGS (in whatever order you prefer). In the second round of allocations, 6 weeks later, you are almost certain to receive a place at SHF and almost definitely at CGS.

That is probably as clear as mud, but we have 6 months to get you sorted out! :lol:
hope you dont get angry with me because of several questions.
I don't do angry when people need information and especially when they are clearly listening and learning. :D

(Cross-post with Guest55 - she uses 1 word where I use 100 ... )
consultjai

Post by consultjai »

Fantastic Sally. You are a star. Your explanation is as plain as day :D :D
getting my head around the process but definitely far behind when compared to knowledgeable people within this forum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now