12 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khanj010

Re: 12 plus

Post by khanj010 »

Well done SadDad
great result. :D
What a year and a half we had but got there in the end.
I now will have to do it all again this year as my ds is doing the new cem tests. I don't think I can go through it all again. :(
Only 4 months to go now and I am already splitting hairs as I am home tutoring.
Any way good luck and I hope they can work harder and be happier at there new schools in sept.
bucksmum

Post by bucksmum »

Hello
My son wasn't successful in September 2012 11+ sitting and he is really keen to sit the 12+. He has achieved level 5 in Maths and English for key stage 2. His preferred schools are Royal Grammar School and John Hampden Grammar School and they are the closest to where we live as well. We are aware that even after passing the exam he may not get a place at the above schools. I've tried the county website and the individual school websites but the information isn't very clear. Can someone please tell me when would I need to register him for the exam, do I have to do it through his new secondary school, do we need to apply to each individual school, when will he have to sit the exam and also what papers will he have to sit.

Hope I'm not too late yet and grateful for any help from the forum.
BUCKSMUM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You need to apply to the individual schools during the autumn term. Details of test content, timings and admissions criteria for each school can be found here:

http://web.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk/SiteAssets ... 202014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.rgshw.com/library/client/doc ... cy2014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bucksmum

Post by bucksmum »

Thank you Sally-Anne. This is extremely helpful.
BUCKSMUM
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Hi SA

Hope you are Etienne are well? Dd is still thinking of doing the 12 plus. She is happy to be going to our chosen Upper School but still very keen that she could still have the opportunity to reach her chosen Grammar School.

She left her Primary school in July with a 6c and 5b's so we were very happy with that.

Do you have any links for AHS and SHFG for registering for the 12 plus? Will have a trawl through the forums but is there anything in particular re prep for the exam or anything else that might be of interest especially with the new format for the 11 plus this year, as I am guessing the 12 plus will be the same?

Thank you.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.sirhenryfloyd.bucks.sch.uk/p ... NS&pid=405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

I thought people might be interested that information about the 12+ has now been put on the BCC website

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... izeNsu9KSM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have decided to register our daughter and then can always change our mind later. There will not be much time between knowing if she will be allowed to take the test and actually taking it (for SHF) and as no info is given about the test, I am not too sure what preparation we should do? Any ideas?
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

Hi ConfusedAylesburyMum

I would be interested to know too what prep (if any?) dd should do if she does decide to do the 12+. If it had been based on the old style 11+ I don't think we would have done much but with the new style this year, I'm assuming the 12+ will be the same?

How is your dd doing at school? My dd has thrown herself into Upper School with full gusto, as predicted. She would have done the same at Grammar for sure. Seems very happy, but I think so far is finding the work quite easy. Am hoping it's just early days.

I am in the process of registering her for the 12+ but not sure if she will do it or not. It's a tricky one.........
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

Thanks BuzzyBee

My daughter is getting on really well at Upper School as well. Doing lots and getting recognised for it which is lovely. They have now been put in sets for Maths & English which helps.

We are assuming 12+ will be based on new style for those grammars getting the County Council to do it for them.

Started with a tutor tonight who based on an hour was astounded she had not got through. But hey hoo.

The joy of this term is one doing 12+ and one doing 11+ tutoring! Yeahhhh
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now