12 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Delighted to hear it Sally-Anne ! :D
njg

Post by njg »

Woo-hoo!

He's in!

Feel slightly queasy - need to lie down.......

Thanks to all who've helped especially my fellow fighter SA.

Well done Sally-Anne.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sally-Anne and njg,

That's really great news. It's been a very long journey, and I can imagine how relieved you must be.
I am so pleased for you

All the best

Catherine
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi njg

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!! Really delighted for you, as you were so uncertain if he would get a place.

I haven't yet heard about all the kids at my son's school, but I will be ecstatic if they all get places. I think one of them is in a very similar situation to you on distance from school njg, so fingers still crossed on that front.

Thank you to all other posters for your kind messages. I think it will only really sink in when we go to buy the new uniform - I fully expect to burst into tears in the shop .... :roll:

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news njg!! Enjoy the feeling - although you will feel exhausted - the euphoria lasts!!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Sally-Anne and njg

I am thrilled that your long struggle has reached a successful and happy conclusion.

Many congratulations!
Etienne
lucy

well done

Post by lucy »

hi sallyanne
read all on this forum you so deserve your result all your postings so helpfull very very best wishes
love lucy
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dear Sally-Anne and njg,

Congratulations! End of a long, tough road. Hope you will soon be able to truly relax and simply enjoy what you have waited and fought for. Also hope your kids will be very happy in their new schools.
amum

12 plus

Post by amum »

Hello,
I found this forum by chance after my sons appeal for 11+ last Jan. Like Sally-Anne, and others, I have had awful last 18 months. My son had to go to Upper school, which has been disaster. He decided he'd actually take 12+ day before the test, and he got fantastic score - which he should have got year before. Reading all the notices on this forum has actually kept me sane! There are others out there who feel the same about this totally unfair system. - when a clever, bright child somehow just misses the magic 121 and then with full total support from junior school Head and estimated 3 top 5's at year 6 SATS gets written off at appeal. We got the allocation letter today and although we knew DCGS was full, I did still hope we might get it as we live less than a mile. We have been allocated CHS which my son doesn't really want. Has anyone got DCGS? Is it worth appealing? I wonder if I have the energy?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi,

I was told there were a few places at DCGS in January but they may have been filled before 12+ allocation. You have nothing to lose by appealing - at least you will know you tried.

Why don't you go round CHS again? A new Head has been appointed and there are positive vibes about the place according to parents I know. They are also possibly better placed to support pupils new in Year 8 as they get new pupils most years.