Bucks 11+ (First past the Post)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
helennash

Re: Bucks 11+ (First past the Post)

Post by helennash »

Thank you.
justkeepswimming

Post by justkeepswimming »

Sorry for going off topic again....but just wanted to wish all those taking the 11+ next week lots and lots of luck. Nearly over now. Will be thinking of you all!
fast trak

Post by fast trak »

1. OOC will be competing each other, not Bucks children, as they will be considered for a place only if Bucks kids don't make it ( am I wrong?)

Is the above true?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

All the results are standardised together so if a Bucks child does not get 121 then they won't qualify.

Even if the comment was made 'tongue in cheek' we do know this has happened in the past and OOC children have, therefore, displaced Bucks children.

It will be interesting to see the new 11+ and whether there is central testing for all at one time.
fast trak

Post by fast trak »

Thanks Guest55
tumpa

Post by tumpa »

Helennash, Apu..
have you done the walsh papers. Just wondering if first pass the post tougher, same as or easier than the Walsh?
i didn't know about First pass the post...so not sure if I missed out on some good practice papers..
My DS also sits busck tomorrow OOC...so I know it's late to ask, but just checking...
fast trak

Post by fast trak »

Hi tumpa

My child sits tomorrow as well.. Dont know abt First past the post.....but Walsh is definitely tough.
Hows the preparation? Finally the day's arrived! Goodluck to all sitting this week.
Apu1923

Post by Apu1923 »

Same as Walsh and its only the vocab that is hard. So as long as the same words don't reappear for actual exam, don't worry about it. Wonder though if Dcs will remember many in the actual exam anyway. Good luck, all.
Jpk

off-topic

Post by Jpk »

off-topic post removed by moderator
tumpa

Post by tumpa »

Hi apu
The 1st test went well...I think, if I am to believe a 10 yr old's words who is more keen to get back to his games than discuss exam.
Apparently he finished 10 mins early, spotted 2 he didn't answer earlier and also corrected 3 doubts for sure!! That leaves with him being 'sure' about 75 of the 80!
Also except for 1 or 2 questions, he didn't find any difficult words.

Now fingers crossed for tomorrow. Someone mentioned Paper 2 might be tough with more vocabulary types - always the stumbling block...