Chesham Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Caryn

Re: Chesham Grammar School

Post by Caryn »

Well I believe the school has changed (for the better) considerably in the last 6 years, let alone the last few decades!

Sports: Yes CGS does often lose sports matches to the 'all boy grammars' - not unsurprisingly as CGS is co-ed so half the boys to choose from(but I do recall the last time my older DS played football against DCGS, Chesham won :), convincingly!). They do compete very favourably against other local co-ed schools.

Music: There is indeed a lot of peripatetic support/encouragement to play a wide variety of instruments, there are House Music and Drama competitions and every year there is an excellent Music production.

Exam results: excellent & improving year on year - I think details are on the CGS website.

Hope that helps
2littleboys

Post by 2littleboys »

Hi

I have got a friend whose son attends Chesham Grammar and thet are very happy with the school.

I went for a look around at their open evening earlier this year and was very impressed with the pupils, teachers etc.

If my son passes his eleven plus I would be very happy if he gets a place there :)
strictlyfriends

Post by strictlyfriends »

Thanks for all your responses. If I had any doubts your comments/experience of the school has helped tremendously.

Good Luck everyone for Friday