Here we go again.... Bucks appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mostlymum

Here we go again.... Bucks appeal

Post by Mostlymum »

Can't believe I'm starting another appeal thread. Ds1 is the one child of my four I would said most likely to pass but there we go.

No extenuatings alas, but v high academic ability. Think we have to give it a go but am very unsure how the new system will pan out.

Anyone else in Bucks up for some joint hand-holding?
Jpk

Re: Here we go again.... Bucks appeal

Post by Jpk »

Mostlymum wrote:Can't believe I'm starting another appeal thread. Ds1 is the one child of my four I would said most likely to pass but there we go.

No extenuatings alas, but v high academic ability. Think we have to give it a go but am very unsure how the new system will pan out.

Yep, although will probably see how I feel tomorrow
bucks mum of 3

Post by bucks mum of 3 »

I'm in exactly the same position ! This will be the third time i have to go through this hideous procedure!!
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

bucks mum of 3 wrote:I'm in exactly the same position ! This will be the third time i have to go through this hideous procedure!!
If it isn't too painful, how did you go with numbers one and two? What were the standardised scores? Thanks
candy46

Post by candy46 »

Both my DS got 120, DS1 was 3 years ago, got through appeal, now at RGS.

Am so gutted to have to go through it all again :(

Not sure about this new procedure not sure school will be as supportibe id ds2 as they were of ds1 but have to give it go
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Good evening everyone.

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please don't despair - Etienne and I will do all we can to guide you through the review process and/or the appeal process.

As this is more of a "chat thread", I will move it to Bucks where it can benefit a wider audience and provide you with more hand-holding than you will get on Appeals.

If you decide to go ahead with a review or appeal you can then start your own individual case files on the Appeals section.

Fasten your seatbelts for the move. :wink:
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Sally-Anne wrote:Good evening everyone.

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please don't despair - Etienne and I will do all we can to guide you through the review process and/or the appeal process.

As this is more of a "chat thread", I will move it to Bucks where it can benefit a wider audience and provide you with more hand-holding than you will get on Appeals.

If you decide to go ahead with a review or appeal you can then start your own individual case files on the Appeals section.

Fasten your seatbelts for the move. :wink:
Thanks Sally Anne. So I just goto the forum / appeals section and start a new three under my name?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Jpk wrote:Thanks Sally Anne. So I just goto the forum / appeals section and start a new three under my name?
Indeed, but just the one rather than three. :wink:

Choose a meaningful title and then please stick to putting all your information on that thread. Although other people may, of course, post on it, it is usually a two-way conversation between you and those offering advice relevant to your appeal, rather than a place for multiple people to chat.
bucks mum of 3

Post by bucks mum of 3 »

I was successful with the first 2 appeals my son scored 117 and my daughter 113. This time round 118 and 112 and i don't really have any circumstances at all and it's worrying me that I won't be able to fight my case face to face.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Mostlymum wrote:Can't believe I'm starting another appeal thread. Ds1 is the one child of my four I would said most likely to pass but there we go.

One obvious difference is that a Selection Review Panel will normally expect there to be strong evidence of both high academic ability and exceptional reasons for underperformance in the tests. This does not apply to an appeal – in fact, there is no mention of extenuating circumstances in the Appeals Code. At an appeal parents could still refer to any relevant extenuating circumstances if they wanted to, but the focus would be almost entirely on academic evidence (plus reasons for wanting a place at the school being appealed for).
See E9 onwards:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... laneous#e9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne