subscribe criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tand

subscribe criteria

Post by tand »

Hi,
I am trying to find subscriptions for previous years for Royal Grammar school.
Like how many has applied / inducted.

Please can you help me out for it.

Thanks,
mitasol

Re: subscribe criteria

Post by mitasol »

The allocation profile may help. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Somewhere there is also information about how many put RGS (and the others) as their first preference (and passed). This would give you more information, but is more or less irrelevant - it is the distances to which people were allocated places that is important. This is because Bucks operates a system where everyone with a score of over 121 is deemed to have qualified, it is not done on score other than that.
scary mum
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks for response. I am trying to find out how many opted for 1st preference for RGS.
If I am not residing in catchment area (currently i am in sunderland - north east) and planning to move later this year to high wycombe then what will be realistic chance to get into RGS. I am assuming this needs to go above score 121 and there is no other seperate test for RGS or any other GS in Bucks area.

Please comment.

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

That's what I was trying to say - it is the distance that is important. There will be a lot who put RGS as first preference but lived too far away. There will be others who put it as second preference and got in if they didn't get their first preference. The only thing you need to look at is the score of 121 and distance. There is no other test for any of the Bucks GSs.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

tand wrote:I am trying to find out how many opted for 1st preference for RGS.
I have the numbers somewhere, but as others have said, the number of first preferences simply isn't relevant. The school is popular, but not ridiculously so.
If I am not residing in catchment area (currently i am in sunderland - north east) and planning to move later this year to high wycombe then what will be realistic chance to get into RGS.
If you move before the deadline for proof of address, and you are living no more than 5 miles from the school, your chances are very good. Please look at the link that mitasol posted for evidence of that.
I am assuming this needs to go above score 121 and there is no other seperate test for RGS or any other GS in Bucks area.
Correct.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now